Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Make Your Kids Easter Baskets or buy Premade ones?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have always made my kids Easter Baskets. I think the premade ones are expensive and the toys are always crappy that come with them. But last year I bought premade ones only because my 2 oldest sons were into skateboarding and they came with little kid sized real skateboards. But I dismantled the baskets (they weren't really baskets, they were metal tins with handles) and I put everything in the baskets they use every year. And I added some good candy and what-not. And then guess what I found right before christmas hiding in my bedroom? A WHOLE bag full of Easter basket stuffers I apparently bought and forgot about! So I gave it to them. This year, no more premade baskets! I will buy all the stuff and make them myself! No moe hiding and forgetting I bought stuff! I have a locked cabinet for my scrapbook and paper crafting supplies, I will hide it all in there! So what do you plan on doing? Are you going to put home made stuff in the baskets or buy stuff and just assemble the baskets yourself? I put a little of both, I buy stuff (Target dollar section is great for basket stuffers), and I make stuff. I was thinking of putting home made cookies or something in their baskets this year! I'm trying to compile a list of ideas so I can take some of them and make my Easter basket plans! 

by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
debj49
by on Mar. 22, 2009 at 8:42 PM

My kids have had the same baskets since their first Easter.  They are wicker baskets that I lined with quilted material. I also have a bunny with long ears that velcros around the handle.  The  bunny has a little cloth basket that you can put a special treat in also.  Each of the four have a differnt colored bunny and 2 look different because I already had one of may daughters and youngetst sons before we adopted our granddaughters. Theirs match each other. I don't like haveing a bunch of cany around so last year I made nest out of melted chocolate, White chocolate and butterscotch pieces and added coconut to make it look like real nest. then I put candy eggs in the nest and put a marshmallow chick on top and that is all the candy they got.

DEB J Owner/Administrator  

Moms With Adult Children, Raising Young Children Or Grandchildren  

http://www:cafemom.com/group/748                                                                              

joyfulmom30
by on Mar. 22, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I always make my son's Easter basket. I have a box labeled Easter presents in a special place. I always know where the things are because I keep the box in the same place, year after year.

AudreysMom0307
by on Mar. 22, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I never buy the premade ones, their expensive and like you said they come with crappy toys and candy.

Photobucket

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

pregnant

Where you get your Princesses Custom Accessories
        PreciousPrincesses.etsy.com

jennipher23
by on Mar. 23, 2009 at 6:02 PM

i normaly make mine but last year i was really straped on cash so my mom bought them a remade one and they were crappy but they didnt care they  only wanted the candy anyways but this year iam making them

scout_mom
by on Mar. 23, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I always make the girls' baskets.  We have several baskets around the house already and we buy Eastery ribbon and flowers and they get to decorate their baskets to leave out.  I make up the baskets while hubby hides all of the eggs around the house (and outside if it's nice).  I don't like the premade baskets, my kids aren't really into the typical girly stuff, they are both into art and like to read so I build the baskets according to what they like (and spend less than if I had bought one of the premade baskets).

sumbeach
by on Mar. 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM

My children are now 26, 24, 17 and 15 this yr. But I still make them their baskets. I know but their my babies. no matter how old. This yr there will be none. And it does make me sad, we have 2 granddaughters and I cant even buy them anything. But You can't by love, and I have alots of that to give.  Its really not abiut the gifts, or the candy, Easter has a much deeper meaning, So I feel this yr will be a more special Easter.

Shared with all my family, and I'll cook a very nice dinner. And just enjoy being a family. JMO

cuppa-java
by on Mar. 27, 2009 at 4:07 PM

definitely make them. I don't put a lot of candy in them though....My DD(15) will get socks, polish earrings ect. My boys will get mostly games. 

One World One Visioin
www.shaverstl.acnrep.com

MyLijahBoy
by on Mar. 27, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I have make my own.....there are certain items I have to have in the basket and no premade ones give what I want.  Love mostly and thought because I love my son so much and want him to be overwhelmingly happy at seeing the prizes inside. 

jeayo
by on Mar. 27, 2009 at 5:10 PM

I also make them. Its something I enjoy. I like to put what I want in them and I enjoy shopping early and collecting the stuff I use to make them. But my girls always want those store bought ones. I guess to a kid they look appealing. I sometimes but them one after the holiday for 50-75% off just for an extra treat. I do agree though that they are not worth paying full price for.

kelfr25
by on Mar. 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I usually make baskets for the kids. I think the stuff in the premade ones is SO cheap, and usually the candy is the nasty cheap stuff too. Last year I made art buckets for them and they loved them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)