Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Make Your Kids Easter Baskets or buy Premade ones?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have always made my kids Easter Baskets. I think the premade ones are expensive and the toys are always crappy that come with them. But last year I bought premade ones only because my 2 oldest sons were into skateboarding and they came with little kid sized real skateboards. But I dismantled the baskets (they weren't really baskets, they were metal tins with handles) and I put everything in the baskets they use every year. And I added some good candy and what-not. And then guess what I found right before christmas hiding in my bedroom? A WHOLE bag full of Easter basket stuffers I apparently bought and forgot about! So I gave it to them. This year, no more premade baskets! I will buy all the stuff and make them myself! No moe hiding and forgetting I bought stuff! I have a locked cabinet for my scrapbook and paper crafting supplies, I will hide it all in there! So what do you plan on doing? Are you going to put home made stuff in the baskets or buy stuff and just assemble the baskets yourself? I put a little of both, I buy stuff (Target dollar section is great for basket stuffers), and I make stuff. I was thinking of putting home made cookies or something in their baskets this year! I'm trying to compile a list of ideas so I can take some of them and make my Easter basket plans! 

by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
ckara
by on Mar. 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM

I always make mine.  Before I had my own little one I made other people's kids (cousins and nefews, etc) baskets.  The pre-made ones are so impersonal.  My mother and grandmother always made ours and they were so much better than the premade ones my friends got.  lol. 

Mrsblitz
by on Mar. 28, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I have always made my girls baskets. They are now 21, 18 and 4 1/2. I enjoy shopping for the necessary items. My girls don't get much candy. A package of peeps and maybe a couple of eggs with pastel M&M's. My girls don't really care for candy. I buy them other things to put in their baskets. They like videos, books, video games and art supplies. The little one also likes bubbles, stamp kits and jump ropes.

sexything4u
by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 10:22 AM

i make my own. if they are for adults i make gel candles, soaps,  sachets, etc..... for kids i do kids things.

mom2Bellarose
by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Easter is one of my favorite holidays because I love putting together my daughters basket. I have used the same big beautiful cream colored wicker basket that she received from her Grandma at her baby shower every year. I think we will always use that basket for her Easter stuff and have enjoyed the tradition of it.

Mrs.Bolin
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 12:02 AM

This is my daughters first easter and I plan on making her basket until she is 30. lol This year I am going to get her some useful things like Gerber Graduate puffs and things like that. Maybe a little stuffed animal. Daddy gets a basket also. His will be filled with candy.

aimhighschool
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 8:07 AM

I always  make them for my kids too. The biggest reason is so that you can personalize them and fill them with love. My kids always get a couple little toys and then the yard(weather permitting) is covered with plastic eggs for them to go out and find with their baskets. We then divide the eggs down so everyone has the same amount to open and once they are opened all the candy goes into one bowl to share except for their special candy like their chocolate bunnies. If the weather is bad then the eggs are hidden in the living room.

**Hint--always count how many eggs you have hidden so you know if there are any that have not been found.

This is the highlight of Easter is the egg hunt. We also try to attend local egg hunts where they give away prizes inside some of the eggs not just all candy. Our Easter candy will last us until Halloween alot of the time, lol. It's the thrill of the hunt more than it actually is for the candy. :-)

momof2boys9195
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I prefer to make my own. This way I put the candy that I know they will eat  plus I can add special stuff that  I know they can use. I make it to include Holiday stuff ( candy, eggs, crafts) and HOLYday stuff ( bible verses, etc.)

Paula 
momof2boys9195
julie148
by on Apr. 5, 2009 at 7:06 PM

THIS YEAR I'LL BE MAKING THE BASKETS MYSELF.   PLEASE KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME.

KRISSH
by on Apr. 5, 2009 at 7:10 PM

THSIS YEAR I WILL MAKE..I GOT BASKETS AT GOOD WILL AND STUFFED ANAMLS TO.REST IS DOLLA STORE STUFF . I DO LU CANDY..MY FREND GAVE US SOME USED DVDS. I,LL PUT EM IN THAR TO..

FarrieJenn
by on Apr. 5, 2009 at 9:52 PM

deffinately make them.  This is my daughters first Easter, but I have always made my son's.  When I was little I got a stuffed bunny every year, and I am doing that for them as well.  This year I made Sock Bunnies (found in another post) and will put a DVD in my son's.  Renee will get things like spoons, maby a new binky, and a small toy of some kind (haven't gotten there yet).  I always put a chocolate bunny in D.J.'s, and found little ones at the dolar store.  I try not to put too much candy in there, but it isn't an easter basket without jelly beans!  I'll post pictures when I'm done building them.

"Pink Changing Lives"

Jennifer Jetter
 Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
www.marykay.com/jennjetter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN