Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Make Your Kids Easter Baskets or buy Premade ones?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have always made my kids Easter Baskets. I think the premade ones are expensive and the toys are always crappy that come with them. But last year I bought premade ones only because my 2 oldest sons were into skateboarding and they came with little kid sized real skateboards. But I dismantled the baskets (they weren't really baskets, they were metal tins with handles) and I put everything in the baskets they use every year. And I added some good candy and what-not. And then guess what I found right before christmas hiding in my bedroom? A WHOLE bag full of Easter basket stuffers I apparently bought and forgot about! So I gave it to them. This year, no more premade baskets! I will buy all the stuff and make them myself! No moe hiding and forgetting I bought stuff! I have a locked cabinet for my scrapbook and paper crafting supplies, I will hide it all in there! So what do you plan on doing? Are you going to put home made stuff in the baskets or buy stuff and just assemble the baskets yourself? I put a little of both, I buy stuff (Target dollar section is great for basket stuffers), and I make stuff. I was thinking of putting home made cookies or something in their baskets this year! I'm trying to compile a list of ideas so I can take some of them and make my Easter basket plans! 

by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
hollamissy
by on Mar. 4, 2010 at 11:26 PM

i love to make my girls baskets and make it all up with there favorite theme that year

tabby1979
by on Mar. 5, 2010 at 8:20 AM

i usaully make mine as well...i generally put less candy and more things like books/toys in it.

MamaBuggy
by on Mar. 5, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I always make them myself..I truly enjoy picking things that are catered to exactly what my children would LOVE to see in their baskets, ya know? I usually set a limit of $25-30 a basket for stuffers. I bought them colored weaved baskets that they use every year, but Im planning to add a special touch to each kids' basket this year to make it more "theirs"...probably hot glue some fake flowers and ribbon to my daughters, and a wooden car or truck to my sons.

bether89
by on Mar. 5, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I usually make mine, but my MIL usually buys one.

hypermamaz
by on Mar. 5, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I get the neat pails and fill with neat little toys/games/treats.

myatlantamommy
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I make our baskets.  I have four boys with four different personalities and I fill their baskets with that in mind. Books, art and craft supplies, brain teasers, mad libs, camping goodies, etc. as well as the "required" peeps and chocolate bunny.  The Easter bunny always throws a new toothbrush in their baskets too ;-)

One of my very favorite things to do is to grow our own grass for the baskets.  This is an easy project and the fresh grass is SO much more "green" then the fake stuff.  It takes about 10-12 days and the supplies are cheap.  I did a post about it on my blog, but you can also find the directions by searching "growing easter grass". 

Happy Easter :-)

goldenraysofsun
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Neither.

I have never given the kids Easter baskets (though the grandparents usually do). Instead, I get them a stuffed animal holding their Easter Card with a gift card to Borders inside of it. 

We go to church, have a nice dinner, I make some homemade goodies, we play board games and such. It's usually rainy on Easter or else we do something outdoors. It's just a good day to snuggle up and spend time together while sipping hot chocolate and endulging in good food.  

Explore and have fun with the Education Station group.

combster
by on Mar. 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM

last year we made baskets with yarn and sugar water it was fun but they did not last

Crystal750
by on Mar. 14, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I have always made my kids baskets.  When they turned 3 I bought them a nice basket and that has been their basket every sense. I always put things like summer outside toys, a little bit of candy, and a book or two relating to the real meaning of Easter.  This year my daughter will receive a prayer locket, and my son is getting a cross necklace. I also get them one of the cheep plastic Easter buckets for hunting eggs and playing with.  My daughters nice basket is already beginning to become fragile.

AidenDsmommy
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 2:11 PM

heres one i did last year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)