Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dora & friends party (need ideas)

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2009 at 6:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 1745 Total Views

I am in the process of planning my daughters 3rd birthday party.We are having a kiddie pool and maybe a bounce house , do you think I need games at the party ? What crafts can I have them do or put in the goody bags?  I also need ideas for decorations. I prefer to hand make some things so that its really creative and original but if I have to buy it already made thats fine with me :)

I already bought , the table cover , paper plates ,cups, birthday banner, balloons, and napkins ... what else am I missing ?

So far I have this for the goody bags , should I add more or is this okay ?

Bubbles (4oz size) , mini kalidescopes , & rings

what am i missing lol ?

Proud Mommy of 2 with 1 Angel Baby in Heaven. Proud Army Wife !

by on Mar. 22, 2009 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shortcake1978
by on Mar. 22, 2009 at 7:10 PM

For the goodie bag, you could get brown or white paper bag and have the kids decorate them wit markers and some Dora Stickers. What about a pinata? Most of them have pull sstrings so you dont' have to worry about kids getting hurt. Another thing I would add to the bag is the Dora fruit snacks.

Here is a website with some cute ideas.

http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/cartoons/dora.htm

SgtWife0502
by on Mar. 22, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Thanks mama !

I added the fruit snacks to the list.  The goody bags thats a good idea. I think i will have them do that

Quoting shortcake1978:

For the goodie bag, you could get brown or white paper bag and have the kids decorate them wit markers and some Dora Stickers. What about a pinata? Most of them have pull sstrings so you dont' have to worry about kids getting hurt. Another thing I would add to the bag is the Dora fruit snacks.

Here is a website with some cute ideas.

http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/cartoons/dora.htm

medicmomof2
by on Mar. 22, 2009 at 8:11 PM

How about getting a sombraro and putting chips in it? My daughter swears by Dora's map, so how about a rolled up map of something, like a treasure hunt in your yard? My friend had a Dora party for her daughter and served tacos and Mexican food. It turned out great.  

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2009 at 10:03 AM

here is nick jr. 's dora party planning link

there's a lot of cool stuff there!

SgtWife0502
by on Mar. 23, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Today we went to the dollar tree & michael's and got a few things so I am thinking I am done.

I bought a sombero , fiesta swirls , butterfly fiesta centerpiece, thank cards, craft magnets - 3 in a pack for$1 at michaels. 

Proud Mommy of 2 with 1 Angel Baby in Heaven. Proud Army Wife !

SgtWife0502
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Thanks for the dltk-kids site , I am going to make some of their crafts to add to the cake table .. and I have brown paper bags so I am going to cut dora and her friends out and paste them onto the bags..

Since she will be 3 , we figured that the party shouldnt last more than 2 hrs, so for food is this okay ? too much or need to add more to the menu ? The kids are going to be from1yr-5 and maybe about 3-4 older kids ages 7-11. I was thinking hot dogs & burgers , chips and juice. Cake & cupcakes (im going to make) and jello (molded into dora).

For fun we're having a kiddie pool and maybe a bounce house

pumpooga
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 5:24 PM

If you want a craft, have them decorate their own party hat! Simple! Plus they'll actually wear it at the party, right ? :)

hrt_0928
by on Jan. 24, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I will share my favorite kids party planning website with you. There is an entire section on Dora party ideas and they all seen in your daughters age range. Hope you find ideas there: http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/dora.html

SgtWife0502
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Thanks for the site but I had her party last year =) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)