Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother's Day Crafts

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 11:39 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 2193 Total Views

Mothers Day (which is my birthday) is coming up very fast. I normally buy my mom's gifts from the malls , etc , but this year I want to make it very personal. I need some ideas for a Mother's Day gift . Post pics of things you have done. Thanks !

by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ktnunna
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Im making these today for my little girls room but they would make a cute mothers day gift also.

Plus- check out the rest of the site that they are on for lots of other great ideas!

http://crafts.kaboose.com/earth-ladybug-rocks.html

homewithfamily
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 7:58 PM

If you know anyone that sews here is a cute gift idea.

http://crafts.kaboose.com/pin-cushion.html

myfroggyeclipse
by on Apr. 2, 2009 at 7:36 AM

I am making my mom a Hello Kitty quilt. She loves Hello Kitty.. So I got a bunch of patches and sewed them onto white squares then added colored Hello Kitty fabric to supplement them. It's going to look soo cute when I get it done..

bjarrett
by on Apr. 2, 2009 at 2:59 PM

We are going to be making vases out of the old snack "tumblers".  I have 6 so far.I  thought my daughter could decorate them with stickers and glitter and such. 

We will deliver them with flowers in them.  Something simple, but, I think they will be a huge hit! 

So, that's what the grandma's are getting.  I usually buy my Mom flowers and she plants on Mother's Day weekend, weather permitting.

Brandi in Missouri

krissylea77
by on Apr. 3, 2009 at 12:15 AM

A couple of years ago, I "wrote a book" for my mom.  I got one of the blank journal books and on each page I wrote something that my mom had done right as a mom.  On the first page, I wrote her a little note and told her what the book was about.  Then I wrote things like " gave birth to me" ,  "taught me unconditional love",  "took me shopping".  Some things were very serious type things, other things were just really fun things like "took me to Taco Villa on Saturdays for combination burritos."  I didn't write something on every page before I gave it to her.  The last page that I did write something on explained that even thought there wasn't anymore on the list right now, that didn't mean it was the end because our story continues and so will her book.  When I go visit her, I try to find her book and add a couple more things to it.  She absolutely loved it!

NorahSethsMommy
by on Apr. 3, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Last year I bought a terracotta pot and saucer (cost about $1.50 for a nice sized one) and let my kids paint it with acrylic paints...just abstract, different colors. Then I clear coated it and we went to home depot to buy a flower to plant in it (this was for my MIL), but my duaghter decided  we should get a tomato plant. Eventually the tomato plant had to be replanted but it grew nice tomatoes all summer and MIL  planted violets in it. She absolutely loved it and including the plant it cost me less that $5!

Admin- Deals & Steals http://www.cafemom.com/group/2730

Admin- Soul Journey http://www.cafemom.com/group/11125

branda32
by on Apr. 3, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Quoting krissylea77:

A couple of years ago, I "wrote a book" for my mom.  I got one of the blank journal books and on each page I wrote something that my mom had done right as a mom.  On the first page, I wrote her a little note and told her what the book was about.  Then I wrote things like " gave birth to me" ,  "taught me unconditional love",  "took me shopping".  Some things were very serious type things, other things were just really fun things like "took me to Taco Villa on Saturdays for combination burritos."  I didn't write something on every page before I gave it to her.  The last page that I did write something on explained that even thought there wasn't anymore on the list right now, that didn't mean it was the end because our story continues and so will her book.  When I go visit her, I try to find her book and add a couple more things to it.  She absolutely loved it!

That is so sweet! You made me cry!

JustOld83
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I love this

Quoting krissylea77:

Willsmom80
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 9:01 AM
Last year for mother's day I made pillow cases for the mom's. I took a bunch of pictures that I had taken. (of my son and the kids I babysit for) I transfered the pictures to iron on transfer paper then used paint and did the kids hand prints and foot prints, and wrote Happy mothers'day and the year on it. It was fun and really neat to see how much the kids had grown. This year I am going to put on a piece of poster board (cut into a 8x10 size) a stem with paint and use the kids feet for leaves and take there hand prints in a circle for the flower. In the middle of the flower I am putting a close up picture of them. I hope it turns out as cute as the picture in my head is.
SleuthMaria
by on Apr. 20, 2009 at 4:35 AM

I don't have any pictures, but one year we made my mom a flower pen set. I bought a 10 pack of those Bic pens w/the clear barrell, some silk flowers, green floral tape, a small pot, & some dried beans (you could use small pebbles, clay (the kind that stays soft), styrafoam, coffee beans, etc). I filled the pot w/the beans to be the "soil", took the flowers off the stems & hot glued one flower to the end of each pen & then wrapped from the end down to the point w/floral tape. I put each pen, point down into the pot, so the whole set kind of resembled a potted plant. You could decorate (or let your child decorate the pot before filling it). We used Sunflowers since they're my mother's favourite, but this could work w/pretty much any flower & leaves could be added as  you wrap the pen, as long as you're careful not to put them where they'd interfere w/holding the pen to write w/it. It was a simple, inexspensive project, but Mom loved it!

I almost always make gifts as oppossed to purchasing them, I've done hand painted garden rocks, hand painted birdhouses, jar mixes, gourmet hot chocolate mix in hand decorated jars, Gormet instant coffee (like those General Foods International Coffees), Hand painted glass storage containers, Hand painted signs, decopauged wooden cigar box purse, the list goes on & on. If you'd like more info on any of those ideas, feel free to ask. I hope something I've said gives you, or someone else who wants one, an idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)