Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father's Day gift ideas

Posted by   + Show Post

I posted this on one of the Christmas threads before. It was made for Father's Day and so I thought I would repost it here so it could easily be located. This was taken out of the frame and scanned so you could see it better.  It was very simply done and inexpensive, but very well received. The background looks brown, but it is actually a pretty gold cardstock.

Walk a Little Slower Daddy

"Walk a Little slower, Daddy." said a little child so small.
I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower Daddy, for you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you!!

- Author Unknown

by on Apr. 3, 2009 at 8:16 AM
Replies (11-18):
jill75
by on May. 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Something that I did for our anniversary last year  could easily be used as a Father's Day gift.

I bought a small glass dish that was intended for a candle (anything that is in keeping with the Fathers taste can be used) and filled it with little strips of paper with quoats, funny sayings and some of my own little messages. It sits on his desk at work and every day he gets a message from his "fortune cookie bowl". I think it would be great for the kids to help with this! 

I supply refills ever so often and am planning on letting the kids draw some small pictures on some of the papers for Father's Day.

chamelinmom
by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 2:54 PM

oh yea, my daughters daycare did this poem and had them place their foot prints on a paper with it

artC1s
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 2:02 PM

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10586

You've got to see this one! It is a super Father's Day craft/gift idea. It's a duct tape wallet. I hope you all like it.

wendyms
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I came across a quote by William Shakespeare and thought it would be perfect on a t shirt. The quote is: It is a wise father that knows his own child. I think it would be hilarious to add the following line to it: Have you seen mine? My husband would get a kick out of it. Thought I would share for those of you still looking for ideas for a dad with a sense of humor.

Rksmommy1122
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 8:35 PM

TY for the idea !  

LylasMomma08
by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Quoting chamelinmom:

oh yea, my daughters daycare did this poem and had them place their foot prints on a paper with it

what was the quote?? i have seen this and i work in a preschool and this is what i wanted to do but i can't find the quote?

wendyms
by on Jun. 14, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Quoting LylasMomma08:

Quoting chamelinmom:

what was the quote?? i have seen this and i work in a preschool and this is what i wanted to do but i can't find the quote?

Walk a Little Slower Daddy

"Walk a Little slower, Daddy." said a little child so small.
I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower Daddy, for you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you!!

- Author Unknown

hypermamaz
by on Jun. 14, 2009 at 12:08 PM

those are fabulous!

we're making a stepping stone for the yard for dh. with all my girls handprints.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)