Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I want to make a homemade gift for FIL's wedding in June!

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 7:31 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 505 Total Views

I'm sorta at a loss as to what to make/buy my FIL for his second wedding. He is a mechanic/business owner who does volunteer search and rescue in his time off. Big nature fan. His fiance is on the school board and also loves the outdoors. They have 1 dog, 2 cats.Oh, and they love wine, the wedding is even at a winery.

I was thinking about buying them a picnic basket and making homemade wine (never done it before but I have a recipe), summer sausage, cheese ball and buy some crackers. But I'm not sure if they would ever use the picnic basket...when they are in the outdoors they are usually hiking so I can't picture them toting along anything but a backpack. Any ideas? I'm good at cooking, and average at crafting in all areas except for crocheting...never learned.

by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KRISSH
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I MAKE HOME MADE DVD ,S  FOR FAM..THAY HAVE SPECAL PICKS ,FAV SONGS ON EM..WOULD HE LIKE SOME THING LIKE THAT.??

Qivarys
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 10:55 PM

That's actually what I did for Christmas presents last year. I burned pictures of my 1st son's 1st year of life, it was a big hit. I could look into making one for him for the wedding...maybe my Aunt-in-law (the one who introduced them to each other) can help me out with more info on how those two met. She was the one who helped me get family photos to put on our Papa and Grandma's LCD photo frame. Thanks!

Angltrls
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I actually did this for my brother when he remarried and I wrote a note in the card about keeping the romance alive through out their marriage. I included some wine glasses and some nice linen napkins. I know my brother and his new wife loved it and used it on their honey moon.

momof2boys9195
by on Apr. 19, 2009 at 9:21 AM

A gift basket would be a great idea!

Paula 
momof2boys9195
Loveleelambs
by on Apr. 19, 2009 at 11:44 AM

In stead of making a cake with dipars use linnins and house hold tiems.  (towels sheets pot holders glasses containers ect.  It is done the exact same way!

Or make a photo quilt for him and his new wife about their courtship!

Lee anna

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)