Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with flowers

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 777 Total Views

We are making our daughters bouquets and corsages and boutineers for her wedding.  Does anyone know how to make corsage for the mothers and grandmothers?  Any help or pictures of how to do it would be helpful!!  Thanks!!!

by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Ribbonlady
by on Apr. 22, 2009 at 7:49 AM

I'm certainly not a wedding person and I'll admit I never noticed that the flowers on the mothers were terribly different.  My thought would be to make them each a small but beautiful corsage that is similar in "theme" to the rest of the flowers, but that matches their dresses .  Am I out in left field?  If there's an "expert" out there, I'd love to know too.

Anyway, if I can help with the ribbon in any way (my company is a craft ribbon company), give me a yell at organza@optonline.net.  I LOVE helping with weddings!! LOL

Congratulations to your daughter!

Debbie, the ribbon lady at http://www.reasonableribbon.com

branda32
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 5:31 PM

I know a couple of ways to do them.  Sometimes when I do corsages for the mothers the only thing I do different is either I'll add an extra flower or I'll use a different color flower than the other corsages. They have corsage magnets that are great to use instead of pins because so many dresses can't tolerate a pin hole.  And lots of people go with the wristlets too. It's just an elastic band that fits on your wrist like a braclet. They are pretty and they don't get squished in all the hugging. 

I've never made a tutorial before but there are lots of videos on youtube. If you watch a couple and have any questions I'd be happy to try to help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)