Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beyond the Scrapbook Photo Crafts - New ideas added!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello all you creative ladies!

I've been searching for inspiration for miscellanious photo crafts and memorobilia & keepsake crafts that goes beyond the scrapbook. I thought I'd get this thread started so we have a place to share all those great photo craft ideas since mom's always seem to have quite a surplus of photo's around... and we always love to show off our loved ones in fun creative ways.

So please post your photo's and photo craft ideas and/or links to instructions here, I'll be adding some of my favorite ideas I've found to get us started.

Happy crafting & scrapping!

Kristina

shooting photoscrapbooking

by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 1:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
vmommy
by on May. 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Thank you so much for posting this!  I did a vase once for a Christmas gift, NO idea why it never occurred to me to do a candle holder!  Thanks again

Quoting KristinaO129:

Hopefully keargo806 will share with us how she made her candle : ) ... until then here's a tutorial I found for Photo Candles, I thought the extra added embelishments were really cute!

This is the link where I found it:

http://cr8ivityunbound.informe.com/blog/category/frugal-friday/

Personally, I don't think I'd want to ever burn a candle that was so cute & I'm not sure how it would do flamability-wise once it gets down to the paper photo. (Who could ruin something so memorable?) I'm thinking of decorating a glass candle holder by decoupaging a photo & embelishments on it with Mod-Podge & decorating similar to the candle above but that way I can burn the candle & still have my craft-work last. Just another idea!

elena

jenny53669
by on Jul. 18, 2009 at 9:25 PM

i love these!! i seen these along time ago and i couldn't find the instructions....thanks so much! that will be my Christmas gift to everyone :)  

Quoting KristinaO129:

I thought these were really cool and unique, they are photo suncatchers. Instructions can be found at:

http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Crafts/Sun-Catcher.html 

ProudWife-N-Mom
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM

YAY!!! I found my Christmas Presents for the family!!!  Thank You!

gift

ProudWife-N-Mom
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Where did you find this at? HMMMM I wonder where I can get those letters.....

Quoting KristinaO129:

I just found another one I thought was totally cute I thought I'd add...

KristinaO129
by on Jul. 22, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Quoting ProudWife-N-Mom:

Where did you find this at? HMMMM I wonder where I can get those letters.....

I honestly can't recall where I found the photo's of the craft idea, (I'm always collecting photo's of cute craft projects), however the wood block letters can be found at most craft stores, Michael's has these plus other shapes of letters & even Walmart craft section has wood letters. I'm guessing that the letters in the pic. were just glued onto a square of wood as the base (use strong wood glue).  I do know that the letters will stand on their own without a base as long as they don't get knocked around much. Hope this helps! :o)

amytoo
by on Jul. 26, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I'm not that crafty with pictures but with my buisness and is a hit because its different.

maryw24
by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Has anyone made this? If so, where did you find the supplies?

Quoting KristinaO129:

I thought these were really cool and unique, they are photo suncatchers. Instructions can be found at:

http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Crafts/Sun-Catcher.html 

jprocarione01
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 9:02 AM

How do you get your photos on fabric? i am really interested in doing a graduation quilt for my neice and including some high school memories would be awesome!

JennerP

KristinaO129
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 11:49 AM

In response to maryw24:

Quote:

I haven't made this project (yet) but I have found acrylic at hardware stores (Home Depot, Osh, etc.) in differing sized sheets that they can cut for you to the size you need (sometimes for a nominal fee, some places they do it for free when purchasing the product there). Some thinner acrylic, you may even be able to cut with sharp scissors. Helpful tip: even though the directions state to use 6x6 squares of acrylic, you could also use 4x6 size just as easily & it would be easier to fit a photo to.

For the window decal film, if it's not in your local craft stores (usually the larger craft stores will carry) can usually also be found in office supply stores (Office Depot, Staples, etc.)

The book rings can be found most anywhere, office supply store, Walmart or Target (in the office supply section), I've even seen them at the grocery store. 

If you need any additional assistance in where to find an item, etc., feel free to message me directly. :)

maryw24
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Thanks so much for your help. I think I am going to go on a hunt this weekend for these supplies. I really want to make this, I think it would look really good hanging in my kitchen.

Quoting KristinaO129:

In response to maryw24:

Quote:

I haven't made this project (yet) but I have found acrylic at hardware stores (Home Depot, Osh, etc.) in differing sized sheets that they can cut for you to the size you need (sometimes for a nominal fee, some places they do it for free when purchasing the product there). Some thinner acrylic, you may even be able to cut with sharp scissors. Helpful tip: even though the directions state to use 6x6 squares of acrylic, you could also use 4x6 size just as easily & it would be easier to fit a photo to.

For the window decal film, if it's not in your local craft stores (usually the larger craft stores will carry) can usually also be found in office supply stores (Office Depot, Staples, etc.)

The book rings can be found most anywhere, office supply store, Walmart or Target (in the office supply section), I've even seen them at the grocery store. 

If you need any additional assistance in where to find an item, etc., feel free to message me directly. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN