Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can my 6yr. old make for her?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2009 at 6:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 492 Total Views

our dd is in kinderg. this year and her teacher is due any minute.  I was wanting to get her something.  But I also want to include something that our dd made.  Any ideas as to what she can make for her.  I wanted something different then a card or something like that.  any ideas?

Thanks in advance:)

by on Apr. 28, 2009 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lanceandhailey
by on Apr. 28, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I'm not sure, but this is a cute idea...Bookmark

fostermommyof3
by on Apr. 28, 2009 at 6:33 PM

maybe you and your daughter can put together a premade mini scrapbook?  the kind where she would only have to insert photos?

Happy Spring!

bupkie
by on Apr. 28, 2009 at 6:42 PM

How about having her paint a clay pot then stopping at a plant nursery and re potting a small plant, flower, or even baby tree (tree seedling, or whatever they're called)  into it?    A little tree would be cute, because as it got bigger, her teacher could re-plant it in the yard, and it would grow as her baby did through the years....  But she would still have the planter your daughter painted too.  

Just a thought.    =)  Edit:  poem I just found :

"To celebrate your baby's birth,
Plant this tree into the earth.
When you water this baby tree,
Say a little prayer for he/she.
Ask the Lord in heaven above
To bless baby with his love.
So your child will grow to be
A very special gift to your family tree."

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***dancing

teralg
by on Apr. 29, 2009 at 10:41 AM

I do like the tree idea, that's cute.  Where do you get a nice tree?  Sorry, I've never bought one before. :)  Does anyone know how much they are?

3psinapodmom
by on Apr. 29, 2009 at 11:18 AM

The tree idea is very cute.  You can get a small tree at Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.  I have done the mini scrapbook thing for a teacher before, too.  Just bought coordinating papers (I was using baby blues and browns).  Another idea would be to have her decorate a onsie (sp?).  She could either use a stencil or stamp something, etc.  Or decorate a tote bag--you never have enough of those when you have a child.  If you already know the baby's name you could put it on there or just use the last name.  You could make it as elaborate or as simple as you want (iron ons, hot glue buttons, puff paints, etc.) And an easy way to dress it up is to use some fabric/craft glue and glue a big wide ribbon around the top edge of the bag and tie a bow.  You can get the bags really cheap in the craft dept. at Walmart and then use that as your gift bag for whatever else you are getting the baby and just add a little tissue. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)