Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you trow a shower, n whats needed?

Posted by on May. 9, 2009 at 12:30 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 547 Total Views

Hi ladies I have to host a baby shower for my first grand baby to be, and I don't have a clue on how to host a baby shower, so far I like the diaper cake and wreath, but do i need to have center piece take home gift for everyone that invited? what idea do you all have? I'm clueless so can anyone help me out?

by on May. 9, 2009 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrs.Bolin
by on May. 9, 2009 at 1:04 AM

I work in a hospital kitchen. My co-workers gave me a baby shower. I had a cake and an assortment of finger foods such as veggie and fruit tray. . they just did balloons and stuff. We didn't play games or anything. We ate and I opened gifts. It was a real simple inexpensive shower. I liked it. Everyone was just excited and wanted me to open my gifts. If you want to do games then you can look up a baby bingo game on google and print it out or other baby shower games.

zzicc
by on May. 9, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I have been to showers where the host has bought things from the dollar store & wrapped them then when the mom to be is opening gifts they set a timer (for 1-3 mins or whatever you want) & whosever gift she was opening at the time it rings got to pick a gift. hope this helps some

maggie13
by on May. 10, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Congrats!!!!

Ok. So how many people are you inviting? Will it be a all ladies shower or a mixed shower? What time of day are you thinking about? Will this shower be in your home, backyard, park, or somewhere else? Is there a theme that the mom-to-be is using or likes (you know like Pooh or a color)? Have they registered for things and if so where (this will be good to know for invitations)?

You can find a load of information about throwing a good baby shower on the net. You can just goggle it. One thing that is true of all showers no matter what, make sure you have someone sit with the mom-to-be during gift opening. The person's job is to write down every person who gave a gift and what the gift was even if it was just a nice card. It will make the mom-to-be's life a lot easier when time to write "Thank You" cards. Also make sure they only print and not something fancy that way the handwriting is clear.

staceykt22
by on May. 10, 2009 at 6:20 PM

For favors, a friend of mine made paper cones out of scrapbook paper and filled them with M&M's, then tied them off with tulle.  They're really cute and inexpensive. 

For centerpieces, you can use small vases of flowers.  Check out the dollar store or thrift stores for vases or mason jars.  You can get a big bouqet of flowers from the grocery store for $10.  Get a few of those and split them up. 

Diaper cakes are easy to make and everyone loves them.  If you need anymore help or have anymore questions, you can PM me.

AngelRT
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM

We do games b/c they are so fun! Then I do food according to season and time of day. Mid day could get away with fruit and veggie tray and then cake of course. I do a lot of brunch showers which we do things like chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad sandwhiches, fruit bowl, veggie tray,  scones, biscuits, biscotti, etc.

Then, I always like to do one special thing at each one. For Example: we painted onesies at one for the baby. I bought sizes 0-12 mths! That was so adorable and she definitely did not need any onesies for a while! : O)

Then we did scrapbook pages for the baby. I bought scrapbook paper and stickers and stuff for everyone to make a scrapbook page for the baby book!!! So cute and we added pics later!

We also took a picture frame that is supposed to be autographed and added our own personal message and art to it! then the mom put the baby's first pic in it for the nursery! Very cute.

Those are a few ideas!

For game Ideas just google baby shower game ideas!

No matter what. She will be happy and it will be great!

CONGRATS!!!!

ashybaby87
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Thats how mine was except a few small games. Go on google & search baby shower games & you'll find LOTS of results!

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

I work in a hospital kitchen. My co-workers gave me a baby shower. I had a cake and an assortment of finger foods such as veggie and fruit tray. . they just did balloons and stuff. We didn't play games or anything. We ate and I opened gifts. It was a real simple inexpensive shower. I liked it. Everyone was just excited and wanted me to open my gifts. If you want to do games then you can look up a baby bingo game on google and print it out or other baby shower games.

AuntyL
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Because I knit,crochet,and sew..I get invited to ALOT of baby showers(lol).

My most favorite game:

Everyone gets paper and pencil.

Mother to be walks around with a tray of baby items (of which she'll take home), making sure everyone sees what's on the tray. Mother to be leaves the room. Instead of asking to write down what was on the tray, as expected, You were asked to write down what the mother to be was WEARING!!! Such a cool twist! 

AuntyL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)