Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BABY SHOWER GAMES...IDEAS PLEASE!!!

Posted by on May. 18, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 469 Total Views

I'm hosting a baby shower for a dear friend, and am looking for some fun, easy games to play. There will be quite a mix of people, so I'm looking for some really fun games to get everyone playing and having a good time! Thank you ladies for any ideas!!!

by on May. 18, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommymegan06
by on May. 18, 2009 at 11:42 PM

ok my at my sister in laws baby shower she took several types of chocolate and smashed them in diapers..your guests have to guess what type of candy it is all smashed up in the diaper looking like poop..lol

Megan

sewmama1990
by on May. 19, 2009 at 12:25 AM

1. Get a long piece of string, secure it somewhere safe on both ends, making like a laundry line type thing. get a whole bunch of big safety pins. Now each player is timed for 1 minute to see how many safety pins they can put on this line..........the kicker is........they have to do it with one hand behind their back!!! The guest with the most safety pins on the line wins!!

2. You give your guests a small doodle pad and a pencil have them put the pad on top of their heads, then you time them for one minute and they are to draw a baby on their pad without looking or moving the pad!! Only the pencil can move drawing the baby! The one with the cutest baby wins!!

3. Baby word scramble: give your guests 5 minutes to unscramble the words (you can get word scrambles for baby showers by googling it!!) The one who unscrambles the most wins!!

4. With a small doodle pad have your guests write down all the baby stuff they can think of and whoever has the most written down in 2 minutes.........wins!!

5. String around the expectant mother's belly: a pair of scissors and some string, maybe even some yarn, have the expectant mother stand in front of all the guests, go around to each guest and have them take off as much string that they think will go around the mother's belly evenly (they can't touch the expectant mother!!!) then cut the string, afterall the guests have made their guesses in string, have each one get up and wrap their string around the expectant mother, keeping track of who is the closest, the one who gets the closest to making it fit perfectly around her.........wins!!

shortcake1978
by on May. 19, 2009 at 7:02 AM
  1. Baby Bingo - The guests write down on a bingo board what they think the mom to be will get in presents. The first one to yell bingo wins. I made up a board for my SIL's shower using the baby's name instead of bingo.
  2. Baby Food - Give all the guests a plate with different sample of baby food. Have each guest taste each one and guess what it is. Make sure to mix it up so your guests aren't cheating. :-)
  3. Candy Bar - Here is a name that candy bar game that we played at my SIL's shower. Everyone got a kick out of it.   http://baby-shower.yeahbaby.com/game.php?page=candy-bar-baby-shower-game
  4. Bottle Chugging - If there are going to be any men at the shower, you could have a fun game for them. Fill baby bottles with some sort of drink and have them chug it down. You may have to make the whole in the nipple alittle bigger.
  5. Here are some more ideas at this website. We did the Nursery Rhyme Rhetoric.

http://www.welcomebaby.com/baby_shower_games.htm

valerie0103
by on May. 19, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Have everyone bring (or send  prior) pics of themselves as babies and post them on a posterboard with #s. Have the guest write down all the numbers and guess who they think each baby is. 

Dani212007
by on May. 19, 2009 at 4:34 PM

One thing that was a really big hit at the shower I did for my friend was baby themed charades. I was happy to see that everyone was laughing and everyone wanted to join in. You just have to come up with about thirty actions that would have to do with pregnancy, or baby and divide up into teams and draw from a little hat or bag and act out what is on the little piece of paper. Like a few of them that i had were husband's reaction to seeing the baby for the first time, or calming a fussy baby, or  another fun one was making goofy faces at the new baby. HTH

mandyliz
by on May. 19, 2009 at 4:41 PM

For one of the showers I attended, someone had a "How many poops in the pamper" and it was a small diaper filled with tootsie rolls and everyone had to guess how many "poops" were in the pamper. The winner got a small prize. At my baby shower 2 years ago my mom did a game where all the girls got a checklist of stuff that might be in their purse/diaper bag and whoever had the most stuff from the list got a prize.

Pregnancy ticker

branda32
by on May. 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM

At one shower we put people into groups and each group got a pkg of toilet paper.  They chose one member of their group to dress up like a baby and the new mom got to pick the winner.  It was crazy fun watching people make diapers and baby hats and even booties.

JKHorton
by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I actually just went to a baby shower yesterday!  LOL!  It was my cousin's. It was fun because my aunt had my cousin go around to each table with a tray of baby items on there, once she was done with all of the tables, my aunt announced that Sarah was going to go into another room & when she went in there, my aunt announced that we had to write down what Sarah was wearing!  LOL!  It's funny because you hear everyone like "oh man" & the cheaters already started writing down what was on the tray!   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)