Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 yr. olds gift for daddy?

I always like to do something a little home-made for holidays like this, something that is made involving the kids.

Any ideas what I can do for this Fathers Day that my 2 yr. old boy can help out with? Any suggestions are welcome!

Intrested in creating a little peace in your life? Check out my Group One Day of Peace where we discuss everything Peace related!

by on May. 19, 2009 at 3:44 PM
Replies (11-16):
vmommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:58 AM

This is adorable!  My son & hubby LOVE to share cookies and milk together.  Thanks for such a great idea!

Quoting barmelino:

My husbands favorite past time with my daugter is sharing cookies and milk. I am buying him a mug with the kids pictures on it and then my daughter is going to paint one of her gerber puffs containers and we'll fill it with oreos... for dads secret stash of oreos. I think this will be really special to him. I may paint another container using my sons feet and filling it with a trail mix (he's only 2 months)... I haven't decided yet....

Elena pink ribbonHelp me, to help others. Please visit www.tinyurl.com/elenawalk

hypermamaz
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 6:20 PM

we're doing tshirts with handprints too...and iron on transfers (we've got some shiny stars from a hannah montana rock star birthday party lol )

you could do one of those stepping stones that go in the yard, I've seen kits that you can put a handprint in and then decorate.

BrandtZ
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 12:53 AM

I took my son to Home Depot for the kids class and he made a tool separator for his daddy. I ended up doing most of the work, but you just take a pic of them trying to hammer in the nails hahaha and then ds put stickers all over it.

Quoting ethans_momma06:

I always like to do something a little home-made for holidays like this, something that is made involving the kids.

Any ideas what I can do for this Fathers Day that my 2 yr. old boy can help out with? Any suggestions are welcome!

ArtisticMom2005
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:10 PM

That's an adorable idea!!!

Quoting momof3inTN:

We are making a t-shirt for my husband. We are getting a plain t-shirt (no words, etc), fabric paint, and some t-shirt transfer paper (you make something up on the computer, reverse the picture, print, and iron onto the t-shirt).

Using the fabric paint, I am going to put the kids' footprints (9, 7, and 2 years) on the front and back of the shirt. Then type and print out on the transfer paper, "My kids walk all over me." My husband will love it.

I'm still thinking up other ideas too. LOL

Loveleelambs
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 11:23 AM

My husband loves coffee so I went to starbucks and bought their hot and colde decorating cups. The hot one you draw on and bake I drew my kids hands (one on each side like they were holding the mug) I also worte my dad is pretty much awsome (it is a famiyl thing lol) The cold one is really cool though my kids colored a paper and I put a pic on it then you on screw the bottom and slide the creation in. You can swtich them out any time!!!

Carla1212
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:27 PM

For fathers day I bought plain white shirts for the Grandpa's and my husband.  I put her handprints on the front of the shirt and wrote Lily-Rose's Daddy/Grandpa and then let her paint all over the back.  I also took a pic of her doing this and framed them.  So when they all opened their presents they had the pic and the shirt.  My FIL started to cry he loved it so much.  I really like the idea about putting their feet on the shirt and saying they walk all over him.  I am going to have to file that away.  I hope everyone had a great day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN