Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LOOKING FOR: Fudge recipe and tin cans....

Posted by on May. 29, 2009 at 11:43 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 872 Total Views

I tried the search feature and couldn't find it. Around XMas someone posted a really great idea - take a quick fudge recipe and pour it into inexpensive tin cans lined with wax paper or parchment paper. I'm looking for that recipe (can't find it) because I plan on making these tin cans for the teachers (school ends next week). I'm going to the dollar store today and buying "spring tins".

by on May. 29, 2009 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
katelyns_mommy
by on May. 29, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I don't know about that exact recipe but here's the one I use. Its really good and really easy. And I'm sure you can pour it in the tin cans.

1 1/2 cups sugar

1-7oz jar marshmallow cream

1-5oz can evaporated milk 

1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)

2 cups (12 oz package) Hershey's chocolate chips

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1.) Line pan with foil or wax paper. Butter the foil or paper

2.) Combine sugar, marshmallow cream, evaporated milk, and butter in a sauce pan. Cook over med. heat. Stirring constantly, to a full boil. Boil, stirring constantly for 5 min. Remove from heat; add chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir just until chips are melted. Pour into pan. Refridgerate 1 hr. 

I hope this helps.

buffyg
by on May. 29, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I don't know anything about that recipe....

Here is the one I use, it is Paula Dean's recipe

3 c sugar

1c evaporated milk

4 heaping TBSP cocoa

3 TBSP white corn syrup

Put these ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. When the candy thermometer reaches 234-240 degrees take off heat.

add

6 TBSP butter

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 c nuts (chopped)

Stir. Beat mixture until thickened. Butter a dish and pour mixture into dish to set.

Cool., score, cut

It is really good! I make it every Christmas and it is gone quick.

mikazuki
by on May. 30, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Thanks guys. I'll try those. I picked up small red tins from Joann's for 68 cents (on clearance plus an additional 30% off). I love inexpensive, homemade gifts that are yummy.

mnwintercritter
by on May. 30, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Here is a link to my fudge post at Christmas. I put several quick and easy fudges in the post. As well as tips for dealing with how not to end up with pudding instead of a block of fudge.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/25285/forums/read/6473206/My_holiday_gifts_2_The_many_flavors_and_ways_to_do_Fudge_More_info

A quick suggestion, if you pick your tins up from garage sales, thrift stores or the dollar store, line your tins with foil. I do wash mine but as I can never really be sure what they have previously been used for I just like to take this extra precaution.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN