Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Look what I made!!!

Posted by on May. 31, 2009 at 1:53 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 660 Total Views

I make all the new babies in our families crocheted baby blankets. I'm always looking for cute unusual patterns that doesn't make you think a granny made it. A lot of people still think crocheted items = looks frilly and granny like. So my latest baby blanket is a huge star. I let mom pick 2 yarns. I told her to pick 2 colors that went together or a multi color yarn and a contrasting color from the multi color yarn. So she picked camo and a light green in the camo. I searched for a few weeks when I came across the star pattern that wasn't a decorative middle to start it.  Here's the finished blanket tell me what you think!!!

Mother to Chloe 8 HH, and Allison 3 HLHS, Co Arctation of the Aorta, LPA issues, former g-tuber and mic-key button.

by on May. 31, 2009 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommie_b515
by on May. 31, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Wow that's beautiful! I wish I could make something like that. I can't even make a straight line lol its always wavy lol

Im sure EVERYONE will love it.

Bradensmommy719
by on May. 31, 2009 at 2:20 PM

you did a great job!

jspara
by on May. 31, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Wow that is great!!! So jealous.  I can't crochet to save my life.

bmamaever
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 3:53 PM

That is awesome, where did you find the pattern at?  I love to crochet.

branda32
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Wow! I've never seen one like that! Was it as hard as it looks?

crickettty
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 5:29 PM

The pattern wasn't hard it was the way it was worded. Once I got the shape of the star it was super easy.The first 10 rows or so were the shaping of the star. It was a little more time consuming than I thought it would be. Each row grows by 30 stitches. The tips are the shell stitch and that's where the  30 extra stitches come from. 6 double stitches times 5 points. I will find the pattern again. It was online. They show it in pink/white/yellow with a matching pillow. When I find it I will post the link.

Mother to Chloe 8 HH, and Allison 3 HLHS, Co Arctation of the Aorta, LPA issues, former g-tuber and mic-key button.

crickettty
by on Jun. 2, 2009 at 9:07 PM

ok here's the link to the pattern that I used to make the afghan. http://www.cafemom.com/group/90607/forums/read/9015802/Look_what_I_made?last#last

BrandtZ
by on Jun. 3, 2009 at 2:04 PM

That's freaking awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)