Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thank You Gift/We'll Miss You (For Teacher)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 9046 Total Views

So my son's preschool teacher will be starting a new job and no longer teaching as of the end of July. She has been an amazing teacher and I wanted to get her a small gift so ... I saw in another post a while back something similar and LOVED the idea. (I hope if that person reads this, they're flattered and not offended!) So, here is what I came up with. Oh, and if anyone wants to share their homemade gifts, please do!

The front of the card says,

A little BIT O HONEY for our dear departing teacher, Ms. M. -A real SWEETTART . This is for all the kids you've taught over the years;  Collin, Jennifer, Mary, Christopher, MIKE & IKE, and so many other RUNTS. -The AIRHEADS, NERDS, BUTTERFINGERs and  GOOBERS   you've met along the way. Because of you there are more SMARTIES, and less DUM DUMS in this world and for that we thank you. You're a real LIFESAVER. To show our appreciation, here's a small thank you for NOW AND LATER . We wanted to get you a WHATCHAMACALLIT because we're so grateful we could just KISS you, but for now, a few HUGS and  know that

we'll miss you.

And yes, I wrote it, in case you were wondering.

Here is what the inside of the card looks like. (The picture says "Wishing you the best."

I think I may add a few things to the card but ...

Do you think she'll like it?

by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
busybees124
by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM

What a cute idea!  I'm sure she'll love it....something her family will actually use (eat!) and not another candle/keychain/plaque/ornament!!

PattyinNV
by on Jun. 14, 2009 at 6:19 PM

That is such a good idea and how clever.  and it's not yet another apple of some kind or another.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)