Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was your Father's Day?

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 7:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 576 Total Views

I just wanted to put up a post so everyone could have the opportunity to share what they made and how much Daddy loved it. I made a t shirt for my husband that read "Gone Fishin With the Kids," matching ones for the kids that read "Gone Fishin With Daddy," gave him his fishing license for the year, and a card that I signed to the greatest catch I ever could have landed. He genuinely loved it! I will post a picture as soon as they wear it. (Probably this weekend.) Please share your pics as well.                 Wendy

by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Robyn218
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Our kids are grown and spread out...  2 sons in AZ, daughter in FL and two kids here in CA near us.

My hubby had 5  phone calls and I bought him fish, new shorts(3 prs) and sandals.  I made him pancakes and eggs with sausage for breakfast which we ate near our Koi pond.  It took him forever to notice the three new Koi fish swimming around.... 

Then I took him to see a movie (Pelham 123?)  It was very good.  Then we had lunch at Macaroni Grill and ( we are getting older now...)  we came home and took a nap.  two hours later we BBQ'd a nice dinner of steak, potatoes and veges all on the grill .

It was a GREAT DAY!

Ribbonlady
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Our day was pretty yucky as a matter of fact! I didn't make anything, but I did find what I thought was a nice gift, took TWO trips to buy it, only to find out my DH has seen it already ( a movie, multiple dvds).  He opened it before he even looked at the package, it's a Blueray and he can't even play it.   Forty bucks down the tubes.  I shouldda MADE something after all.

Then, to top it all off, we had a "disagreement" later in the day and we're STILL not getting along.

Not a good day!

Debbie, the ribbon lady at http://www.reasonableribbon.com

JStolls21405
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 4:57 PM

my daughter was with her biological father for father's day, so we're celebrating it this week.  His birthday is Thursday so I think we'll do everything tomorrow....sort of a father's day/birthday thing.  I'm making  a reflective vest for him, which he knows about, and our daughter is giving him this, he takes care of her 99% of the time and has raised her from 1 1/2 so she thinks of him as daddy:

the pictures fit into a large frame that have individual picture frames arranged like that.  The letters show up a little bit better when it's bigger.

tomorrow I'll make this cake: http://saraskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/06/brownie-pudding-cake.html

jessi_peeps0307
by on Jun. 23, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Well our fathers day was ruined cuz I came down with a 48 hr stomach bug.  So my hubby got stuck watching the kids at the hospital while I layed in the hospital bed puking my guts out, receiving IV fluids, anti- diaherreal (sp) and anti-nausea medication.  NOT fun!

bether89
by on May. 15, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Quoting JStolls21405:

my daughter was with her biological father for father's day, so we're celebrating it this week.  His birthday is Thursday so I think we'll do everything tomorrow....sort of a father's day/birthday thing.  I'm making  a reflective vest for him, which he knows about, and our daughter is giving him this, he takes care of her 99% of the time and has raised her from 1 1/2 so she thinks of him as daddy:

the pictures fit into a large frame that have individual picture frames arranged like that.  The letters show up a little bit better when it's bigger.

tomorrow I'll make this cake: http://saraskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/06/brownie-pudding-cake.html

I love the pictures!  I think that I will do this for my husband this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)