Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm looking for ideas for house numbers

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2009 at 3:48 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 3972 Total Views

I really want to add some new house numbers on my house and I would like to do "something different"  I really like mission style....everything I can find just costs way to much and I know there have got to be some great ideas out there so that's why I'm turning to you ladies.  I appreciate any suggestions.

by on Jul. 19, 2009 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
fostermommyof3
by on Jul. 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Could you use copper tubing??  Or purhaps you could use a frame that would fit the number of tiles you needed, and you could design your own tiles?

bearpatriotic

God Bless America!

BrandtZ
by on Jul. 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I really like the idea in blue, that sounds like the easiest way. You could make templates of mission style numbers for your designs on the tiles.

Quoting fostermommyof3:

Could you use copper tubing??  Or purhaps you could use a frame that would fit the number of tiles you needed, and you could design your own tiles?

eightofus1998
by on Jul. 22, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Thank you for the ideas...I will give that a try.

AuntyL
by on Jul. 22, 2009 at 8:35 AM

You might want to check out what is required by law. We lived in a town once that your numbers had to be a minimum of 3" and seen from the road.(I found this out when the framed tiles that were there blew off from a storm and we didn't notice.) It was the fire dept that told us...

AuntyL 

BrandtZ
by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 3:34 PM

I never thought of that, thanks for the add.

Quoting AuntyL:

You might want to check out what is required by law. We lived in a town once that your numbers had to be a minimum of 3" and seen from the road.(I found this out when the framed tiles that were there blew off from a storm and we didn't notice.) It was the fire dept that told us...

AuntyL 

gimmykissy77
by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 7:55 PM

How about plasture of paris or salt dough. You could scuplt and paint. Something with personality.

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Jul. 23, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Try an architectural salvage place.

jraebonner
by on Jul. 24, 2009 at 6:23 AM

An idea would be to attack your numbers to the mail box like my dad did. HE is a welder and cut out 135 on the mailbox and aheared (welded) it to the chain link bottom of hs mailbox. I realize that this is WAY WAY WAY to much trouble but I though you could just adhere premade stencils that way to your house.

My dad used to be a welder at Dravo in Pittsburgh years ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)