Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with baby hair clips

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2009 at 3:06 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 425 Total Views

I want to make some hair clips...just on the silver alligator clips. Any ideas?? 

by on Aug. 1, 2009 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gustiejo12
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I make these for my daughter.  I actually get most of the ribbon at the dollar spot at target.  I also use different scrapbook embelishments to glue on the top and make them a little more fancy (hearts, flowers, Jewels...).  I also glue a little piece of velcro on the inside (the top side of the clip) so that it stays in her hair better.  I use the pokey side of the velcro not the soft side...hope that makes sense.  Send us some pictures when you get some made!  They are a fun easy project!!  they are great for gifts too!

indybrown
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Does the velcro help with it staying in?  I've made my own as well in the past and also get a lot of my ribbon at the Dollar Spot at Target too.  But I haven't heard the velcro trick...my daughter's hair is fine and so even the Goody Brand with the no-slip grip won't even stay after awile!  I will definitely try this...

Another tip for the ribbon is after you have it cut is to take a lighter and slightly take the flame close to the ends of the ribbon...this creates a "seal" so that the edges won't fray.

CHECK OUT MY FAMILY BLOG: http://sheheandthree.blogspot.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)