Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Handmade halloween costume ideas (2009)

Posted by   + Show Post

Just wanted to get the ball rollong on this years post for all of your great handmade costume ideas, links, and photos, please post them here :)

witch

by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 6:39 AM
Replies (61-67):
X-Acto-Girl
by on Jul. 30, 2010 at 1:42 PM

For years I've made kids costumes from cardboard, sort of like those "sandwich" board sign getups you see at rallies or in the city. My kids loved these because they could paint the front and back panels and wear color coordinated clothing underneath. These costumes are easy to wear and remove, too. 

There's a step by step article on how to make cardboard panel costumes here, plus a bunch of free face paint/home made makeup recipes and lots more about costumes to make at home.

tabby1979
by on Jul. 30, 2010 at 2:54 PM

oooo.....wonder if i could get my girls to wear that costume then put a t-shirt on hubby saying I always wanted minions....lol

Quoting wildharvestmoon:

I'm buying two plain monkey costumes for my 2 boys and turning them into flying monkey costumes from The Wizard of Oz. I'll then be dressing up as the Wicked Witch.

CafeMom Tickers
Alieda
by on Jul. 30, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Did you see the Two and a Half man show when they did this. The grandma was the witch and her sons and grand son was dress like the monkeys

wkv2069
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 3:52 PM

when i was little i was always coming up with ideas for costumes(we never bought a one!)  One year i used a large appliance bag and drew spuds on it and wore slippers and a cap and was a couch potato.  the year after that I taped purple balloons all over it and was a bunch of grapes.  Another year i used a white dress from our dress-up box and was the statue of liberty.  There is so much around you can use and make without buying things!

wkv2069
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 3:54 PM

BUMP!

GRANDMALINDAS
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:53 PM

all of you are great , i love the flintstones

keargo806
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 9:45 AM

i have 2 handmade costumes this year!!

strawberry shortcake: (it was so easay and a no sew job)

i also have a clown: (the acessories were bought but the outfit was hand made)

f

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)