Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WhHoooo Doesn't love a baby??

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2009 at 11:40 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 15014 Total Views

So i've offically picked a theme for my october baby shower.....OWLS...the theme is WHoo Doesn't love a baby...and i think its SUPER cute!! Im going to make my own invitations....but i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas that would be great for foods..drinks..games or anything that might go with my theme for my baby shower...im a hands on kinda gal so im always planning my own parties but i like to have other ideas and input....PLEASE HELP!!

by on Aug. 19, 2009 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
valerie0103
by on Aug. 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM

blissful kids Owl Baby Shower Ideas

nest cupcakes...

and this site has an owl cookie cutter

http://www.thecelebrationshoppe.com/themes/view/owl-couple

you could do a diaper cake with owl theme.

for a game you could do "whoooo's the baby" by having everyone bring or send a pic of themselves as babies and have everyone guess who' who.

Farfromlifeless
by on Aug. 20, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Aww thats super kool... thanks for your input!

Quoting valerie0103:

blissful kids Owl Baby Shower Ideas

nest cupcakes...

and this site has an owl cookie cutter

http://www.thecelebrationshoppe.com/themes/view/owl-couple

you could do a diaper cake with owl theme.

for a game you could do "whoooo's the baby" by having everyone bring or send a pic of themselves as babies and have everyone guess who' who.

vantastic
by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Maybe you could play a version of Marco Polo?

Blindfold mommy-to-be and have various members of the party say "who" and see if mommy to be can guess "who" it is! you could replay by making the "who" the next person to be blindfolded!

Hope that makes sense! and have lots of fun.

beachbride
by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I dont have any super cute owl themed baby shower ideas for you. I will repost if I come up with anything, but don't count on it since my brain is completely overloaded from returning to work off maternity leave this week.

I just wanted to post and say I LOVE your pregnant picture. It is so sexy, yet very tasteful. I am jealous that I didnt think of doing one like it while I was pregnant!!!

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Aug. 21, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Here are a few do it yourself owl craft ideas I found for your shower.

The first on is an owl garland.  In the tutorial it is made with felt but you could easily make it with colorful deorative scrapbooking paper!

Martha Stewart Craft supplies has a cute owl paper punch that you could make confetti with.

You could easily make owl mobiles with scrapbook paper as well to hang around the room or above tables.

you could even use a branch instead of a straight dowel to hang the owls off of...

here is a pattern for a great stuffed owl... the pattern could easily be enlarged and you could assemble them out of paper instead tomake owls to hang on the walls, or reduced to make owl cut outs for the mobile or for place cards and invites...

here is a link to another really great owl pattern:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jLy8qvuJO8c/R5etQvGTmqI/AAAAAAAAAjA/k6H1KeM0-cw/s1600-h/owl+pattern.jpg

I may be back to share more ideas, but I think these are all great to get you started!

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Aug. 21, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Owl cookies...

you can get this cookie cutter here

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Aug. 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Owl themed party links:

Farfromlifeless
by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Awww thanks....i was lucky enough to have a friend who was in school for photography and needed some project...soo i was happy to offer...im kinda bummed since she moved away and i most likely wont be getting any kool pics like that this time :( but i have TONs from the first one!!

Quoting beachbride:

I dont have any super cute owl themed baby shower ideas for you. I will repost if I come up with anything, but don't count on it since my brain is completely overloaded from returning to work off maternity leave this week.

I just wanted to post and say I LOVE your pregnant picture. It is so sexy, yet very tasteful. I am jealous that I didnt think of doing one like it while I was pregnant!!!

Farfromlifeless
by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM

ohh man...love all the owl stuff... i think i'll try and make the streamer...possibly the moble and most def... the stuffed owl....like the confetti idea too!!

samboswife
by on Aug. 21, 2009 at 5:21 PM

If you wanted to do cupcakes there is a book called 'hello cupcake' i think that they even have a website and they show you instructions on how to make really cute owl cupcakes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)