Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tea party (pic heavy)

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2009 at 2:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 847 Total Views

Had a blast coming up with an Alice themed tea party for my friend's little girl.  We thought about dressing the kids up like the characters but we spent half the day in the pool (I think it was the hottest day all summer!) so we let them party in their swimsuits instead. Didn't make for great photo opps but the kids had a blast and that's what really counts.

This was one of the games. Pin the watch on the white rabbit. I know it's easier to make these with just foam or poster board and double sided tape but I have a felt feddish. And I always seem to have scraps laying around begging to be used.

The Cheshire cat I finger painted at 2:30 in the am.  It's so hard to find time to paint with three little boys running around and getting into everything. So I had to wait til they were fast asleep only to realize that they had broken my last paint brush. So fingers and a black magic marker did the trick.  I sewed bean bags to throw through the hole. And my hubby nailed it to a saw horse. My batteries died before I could get a better photo :(

Giant tissue paper flowers. I found a tutorial on familyfun.com.  They aren't as easy to make as they looked. lol.

How cute are these cookies? And yummy too. My littlest's daycare teacher made these. They are soooo good too. We mom's had to hide some for after the kiddies went to bed. shhhh.  

Instead of cake, we let them decorate their own cupcakes. This turned out to be so much fun and kept them busy for some time.  I put icing in ziplock baggies and threw them in a giant tea cup I got at Walmart in the garden section and they chose their color, snipped off the end with scissors and went at it.  I also found some large cups at CVS (I sooo love CVS) and filled them up with different kinds of candy to decorate with.  My middle guy was taking it pretty seriously. lol

My big guy with the birthday girl.  I think they jumped in the pool between each activity! Which turned out to be great for the moms because they were all so tired they crashed out early and we were able to work in a little mommy time!

Can't have Alice without pink flamingos!

I'd be happy if I could leave these up year round.

For our craft we made paper dolls. I can't find the link to the template we used. It's so simple. It's just a stick type figure that you print off (you can free hand it) and then the kids cut out shapes from scrapbook paper and can make fun outfits for them and glue them on and color or whatever they want to do. It's pretty generic too so you can make it look like a boy or a girl which worked out great since we seemed to have mostly boys at our tea party. Again my batteries were long dead at this point so I don't have any photos.  I had stopped at the DG to buy a pack before the party and they didn't have enough juice in them to even take a single picture. Hopfully some of my friends will share with me.

by on Aug. 22, 2009 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
vantastic
by on Aug. 22, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Sooooo cute! What a great day it must have been!

LuvAdoptedKids
by on Aug. 22, 2009 at 3:23 PM

You are a wondeful party planner.  I need you to come do my son's birthday.  LOL

Tracy Waring

Learn more about our family by checking out our links below
Embryo Adoption blog    Living Stones ministry 

farrah
by on Aug. 23, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I love all of it! The cookies were so cute, and I think we are doing cupcake decorating next year in lieu of a cake as well.

branda32
by on Aug. 24, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Thanks for the comments. It really was a blast. For Emilio's birthday I wanted to do a carnival theme. Can you imagine all the fun things you can do for that? But he really wants Ben10. sigh. They grow up so fast. And grow minds of their own. So I'm playing around with the idea of aliens. We'll see. And cupcakes are the way to go. So much less work. And I really think that was their favorite part of the party.

sue-san
by on May. 7, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Very cute!

GRANDMALINDAS
by on May. 8, 2010 at 8:57 AM

can i be your kid, looks like your a fun mom. happy mothers dayhappy mothers day2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)