Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decorating for halloween...

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:03 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 810 Total Views

I have all kinds of ideas swirling around my head for how I will be decorating the inside and outside of my house.  I usually kind of give my living room a fall overhaul and I have accumulated a bunch of Halloween nick knacks, homemade and store bought.  I am planning on making some wooden blocks for my mantle that will spell out Halloween so far and some new pillow covers in black and cream damask, as well as a few in a subtle orange stripe.   I am looking for a few Halloween garland ideas and maybe a Halloween/ fall wreath for my front door.

As for the outside I am still totally stumped for ideas.

I'd love for you to share pictures of your Halloween decorations, yard displays,  or links to ideas you have found online if you can.

Thanks ladies for the inspiration!

scarecrow

by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Haydensmom326
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I am going to make a few of these

http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/halloween-decorating?&lpgStart=1&currentslide=16&currentChapter=1#ms-global-breadcrumbs

and I like this idea too!

http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/halloween-decorating?&lpgStart=1&currentslide=15&currentChapter=1#ms-global-breadcrumbs

justgrape723
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I have DH save me a couple of long branches (at least 6 feet tall or more) when he is doing the fall tree trimming then I spray them black put some Halloween lights on them and use them to decorate the yard they look spooky during the day because they are painted black and great at night because of the lights. Sometimes I can use a "tree" for 2-3 years before it has to go.

I will also buy the fall leaves garland and spray that black as well and hang that around the doorways for a spooky halloween look.

for Halloween I usually make a graveyard scene with homemade tombstones made out of Styrofoam. I will see if I can find pics and post them.

edited to add pic........

I cut the tombstones the way I wanted them to look. Carved decoration and wording into them. I made some "cracks" to help them look old. I then sprayed them with the paint that looks like stone, (careful some spray paint may melt the Styrofoam, test the back of  the tombstone)  I then took some black paint and painted in the carved out areas so the cracks, words and decorations would then stand out. If memory serves me right this took a few times to make it black/dark enough for me. I have had these tombstones for about 7 years now.

eku_mommy
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 8:09 AM

I'm going to run by the dollar store and pick up some white trash bags and stuff the head of the ghost with newspaper then tie it off with string and take black marker and draw a face then hang them from my porch!!!!

tabby1979
by on Oct. 11, 2009 at 8:41 AM

This is my poor snow man doing double duty in one of my daughter's old witch costumes.

And this is my BBQ with it's own decor...lol

This is my phantom I just did...

My trashbag/mini beachball ghosts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)