Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boots Costume??

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:15 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 3369 Total Views

This morning my son burst into my room and said hey mommy your gonna be dora for halloween and im gonna be boots...lol.. My husband usually gets up pretty early and will watch cartoons with joel till I get up or get woken up... so anyways.. apparently they were watching Dora and he told him it would be awesome if all dressed up like Dora, Boots and my husband being swiper...lol

I was checking out costumes online a little bit ago and I cannot find anything... I have my Dora costume figured out and I figured out how I can make a Swiper costume for Hubby...I found some ideas for boots costumes.. the premade ones were either way TOOOOO expensive or were too small for my 3 year old son.  I guess I am going to go ahead and make it for him.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should make this costume???

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
emtgirl885
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:20 AM

http://www.fun-with-pictures.com/dora-the-explorer-boots-coloring-page.html

I was looking at this picture. You can get red boots. For the tail, you can use thick wire and wrap cloth around it. For the middle of the costume, you can use a bodysuit pattern. For the monkey head, use the pattern of a jacket hood and apply a monkey face. Instead of him having a face mask, it will be on top of his head. For the gloves on his hand, make a pattern from your son's hands on cloth and sew the two sides together, so they fit like a mitten.

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Sep. 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM

My mom is dressing up as dora this year... my daughter is soooo excited!

here is boots costume link I found for you:

http://www.n6st.org/boots-the-monkey.htm

newenglandfan
by on Sep. 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM

I was just looking at costumes on Ebay. They have a cute Boots costume and one for Swiper. But of course they were pretty expensive.

So now I'm thinking of something that we can make.

I don't really have any ideas on how to make it (I don't sew), but I did want to let you know that they do have Boots costumes on Ebay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)