Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any ideas on a good home made candy corn costume i can make for my 13 yr old daughter?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 2:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 5628 Total Views

Hi ladies,my dd wants to be a candy corn girl this year and i am not buying any costumes i realy want to make them so any ideas on a good way to make this would be great,i am not a very good sewer.

by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
threeboysmama
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 3:05 PM

i would make it out of 2 giant pieces of cardboard with suspenders :) good luck!

Like to have fun? Join me at Distracted Moms for Games, profile contests and more!

emtgirl885
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/19593.jpg

I was looking at this picture. For the actual costume, you can get a white large trashbag, cut holes for her head and arms. Then you can either paint or get the felt colors. If you paint, it is easier, but the paint might smear if it rains. For felt, just glue the pieces down. Buy a white hat and white shoes for her.

carrie_grace
by Group Owner on Sep. 9, 2009 at 10:42 AM

I made a candy corn costume for a friend a few years back.  I free handed a giant candy corn shape onto a piece of poster board.  this became the template.  I traced it onto 2 big pieces of yellow felt then I cut the template into thirds. the middle and top piece became templates for the other colors.  I traced the middle piece onto orange felt and the smallest top piece onto white felt.  I did this for both pieces of candy corn so in total you will have 6 pieces of cut felt in front of you.  All I did was hot glue the top (white) piece first to the big yellow candy corn shape, then I hot glued the middle piece (orange) to the yellow.  Now you have 2 giant completed candy corns one for the front, and one for the back.  She wore it with the widest part on top. To fasten it I hot glued 2" wide yellow polka dot ribbon to the front and back pieces over either shoulder to make bows.  You want 4 8" ( 2 glued to the back of the front piece and 2 glued to the back of the back piece of the costume) pieces of the ribbon to make it long enough to make nice bows.  She wore a black turtleneck and black leggings underneath.

happy halloween

McClurgmama2
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 12:53 PM

thanks for all the great ideas ladies!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)