Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

family costume ideas

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 2430 Total Views

ok, I am looking for some homemade family costume ideas. It would include my DH & I, & our two daughters, 2 and almost 6mo. Our budget is tight so nothing outlandish, the cheaper the better. Thanks everyone!

by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
crickettty
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 6:03 PM

We were going to go as a family of clowns. Some face paints, spray in hair dye (not permanent), and wacky clothes and hair do's would be fun. Maybe pick up some red noses and over sized glasses.

Mother to Chloe 8 HH, and Allison 3 HLHS, Co Arctation of the Aorta, LPA issues, former g-tuber and mic-key button.

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Pirates?

Baseball Team?

Christmas...Santa, Mrs. Santa and elves?

Our friends went as the teletubbies....so funny!!!!

3psinapodmom
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Wizard of Oz--Dorothy, tin man, scarecrow, lion

Big bad wolf and the 3 little pigs--your husband as the wolf (plaid shirt & a little fake fur) and you and the girls as the pigs (saw it in Parent's mag. a few years ago with the pigs in denimn overalls, pink gingham shirts, ears and noses--so cute!  or just cheap pink sweats)

Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell & ???

Charlie's Angels--your husband as Boz (was that his name) and you girls as the angels

The Village People (You know YMCA)

Football player, Referee and 2 cheerleaders

Scooby Doo, Shaggy, Fred, Velma, Daphne.....

Family of Hippies (tie died t-shirts, peace signs, embellished jeans and hippie hair, etc.)

Flinstones--Fred, Wilma, Dino, Baby Bam-bam.....

KidsHelper
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 12:32 PM

A birthday party.  DS had this idea at 4.  He made me buy a tablecloth, cups, and plates, and just cut a hole in cardboard for his head to stick up through the table.  He had a cake hat, but a party hat would do.  His little sister was a present.  She was 3.  We bought a very large gift bag, added ribbon shoulder straps to hold the bag up, and put ribbons in the ponytail on top of her head.  Everything can be bought at the dollar store.

SgtWife0502
by on Sep. 19, 2009 at 2:52 AM

We are going as the Cyrus family .. lol .. just came up with the idea tonight ... hubby will be Billy Ray Cyrus , I will be Miley , my daughter loves hannah montana so she will be my alter ego and my son is going as jackson 

Proud Mommy of Jayla (3) and Andre' (9), 2 angel babies in heaven. Proud Army Wife to Daniel

amytoo
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 9:41 PM

We've done cookies and milk ( we had a black dog and she was chocolate milk). Family of bug catchers, the floor of a movie theater. This year we are going as PuffinStuff chaters from a 70's children show. Amy

amommyslife03
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 10:05 PM

we are going as star wars  i'm gonna be queen amidella i have 2 old prom-wedding brides made dresses i'm gonna use  the baby 3 1/2 mos is gonna be an e wok using an teddy bear  my 4 yr old girl is gonna be princess layia i think  my 6yr old boy wants to be a lego storm truper using some boxes  my 8 yr old boy wants to be darth vador and my hubby idk  who hes gonna be yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)