Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEW PICTURES! What do you think? Autumn Leaves Diaper Cake

by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 9:33 PM
Replies (11-16):
veg4animals2006
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM

They didn't have them when I went to our local Michaels (I bought the current ones there).

Quoting farrah:

I am going to offer a suggestion, I think the idea is great but agree the leaves are so over powering. Have you looked to see if you could find leaves that are a little more transparent, like a like gold and orange that you can see through. I know I have seen these at michaels in the past. You would still have your pop of color but just not so much!

bluemomma
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Personally,  I really like the changes you made to it.  The pictures are close-ups, that is why you see tons of leaves.  The only thing I would change  (and this is just a nit-picking kind of thing, I'm sure you're used to that by now), is take a few off the top, leaving the cluster with the acorn.  Really, you could leave it the way it is because it looks really cute!!  :)

UCMamaMandy
by on Sep. 27, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I love it.  I think part of the fun of a diaper cake is when you don't know that it's diapers when you first look at it.  Someone who is in love with fall would adore your cake.  I made a diaper cake for my best friend's shower, and it was so fun, I would love to make more!  Have fun!!

~Mandy~

girl on a swing                             breastfeeding                          in love
DD1 Hazel 06/02/06       DD2 Lucy 07/24/08       DH Sawn 07/21/06

"Treating normal labors as though they were complicated can become a self-fulfilling prophecy." Rooks

veg4animals2006
by on Sep. 28, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Thanks ladies. I think the cake turned out just how I wanted it to. :) I might take a few off and take some new pictures just to see the difference.

Handmade Baby Gifts & Vintage Selections
Jacylrin
by on Sep. 28, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I like the new version. Sure, you could take a few more off and it would work well. It also works as is. If it's how you wanted it, that's what matters.

Happywith2girls
by on Sep. 28, 2009 at 9:36 AM

I really like the acorn, pinecone, and vines.  I think the colors are great too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN