Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

christian/faith

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2009 at 12:05 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 474 Total Views

will we are doing a pumpkink party for our kids and there friends,

we are trying to show our kids and there friends how to hv fun and enjoy life BUT with JESUS. so we r hving a party but everything is to be holy not haunted or scary...

its really hard to find stuff or make stuff that is creative and inspiring. i hv a few idea but am looking for more and that are cost effective...

we are going to use the color purple and orange: purple for jesus and orange for pumkins.

my theme is LET JESUS BE THE LIGHT...we hv got some good ideas from marthat stewert.com just took out the goolish and made is sweet looking...

so looking for fun food and craft ideas that are in that area. and of course pocket friendly.

thank u and GOD BLESS

by on Oct. 4, 2009 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Oct. 4, 2009 at 4:14 PM

How about something like bobbing for apples....good "clean" fun, so to speak?

My son's school also did this game where they hung a donut tied on a string and the kids had to eat it without using their hands.

"Pumpkin Bowling" is a lot of fun.  We spray painted juice bottles orange for the pins, and used a playground ball to bowl.  We put them on some cardboard for a smooth alley.  You could easily incorporate purple in this one too!

Have a fun party!!!!!

notwmommy
by on Oct. 4, 2009 at 7:04 PM

thank  u so much thats a super cute idea... LOVE IT

pumpkin pie

mommies_4_boys
by on Oct. 11, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Quoting SanDiegoMaxMom:

How about something like bobbing for apples....good "clean" fun, so to speak?

My son's school also did this game where they hung a donut tied on a string and the kids had to eat it without using their hands.

"Pumpkin Bowling" is a lot of fun.  We spray painted juice bottles orange for the pins, and used a playground ball to bowl.  We put them on some cardboard for a smooth alley.  You could easily incorporate purple in this one too!

Have a fun party!!!!!

while i was reading this i was thinking using a pumkin for a ball lol

KidsHelper
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM

The donut on a string is HYSTERICAL to watch, expecially of you use the regular donuts with a hole in the middle that are covered in powdered sugar.  The kids get all white on their faces and have great fun trying.  Bobbing for apples is good if the kids are old enough.  My 9yo will not do it.  She hates to put her face in the water.

Other games are things that you remember from your childhood.  You can put candy corns on a plastic spoon (either in their hand or hold the spoon in their mouth) and have races.  Cupcakes are easy to make cute.  Ants on a log is gross-sounding but not creepy, and very healthy.  Anything bug-themed is moderately yucky but not scary.  As a child, I remember a "Noah's Ark" party for Halloween.  It was really fun, and we all had to dress as animals.

doodlebug1315
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 11:01 AM

These aren't Christian based, but they are cute and you could make any kind of face on them that you wanted to they are from www.kaboose.com  - 

Paper Plate Jack-O'-Lantern

By: Amanda Formaro  

Difficulty: Very Easy  

Click to view larger

What you'll need:

• Mini paper plate
  • Orange acrylic craft paint
  • Yellow craft foam
  • Green craft foam
  • Brown craft foam
  • Scissors
  • Glue

How to make it:

1. Place the paper plate upside down on your work surface and paint it orange. Set aside to dry and repeat with a second coat if needed.
  2. Cut out facial shapes (triangles for eyes and a mouth with a few missing teeth) and glue to the plate.
  3. Use scissors to trim the plate into a pumpkin-like shape. Do this by cutting a dip in the top where the stem would be and trim the bottom to flatten it a bit.
  4. Cut two simple oval-shaped leaves from green craft foam and glue to back of the plate at the top of the pumpkin.
  5. Cut a simple rectangular stem from brown craft foam and glue to the back of the plate, between the leaves. 

Here's a few links to  really cute Christian Halloween poems - http://www.annieshomepage.com/halloweenprintable.html

http://www.annieshomepage.com/halloweenprintable2.html

http://www.annieshomepage.com/halloweenprintable1.html

Here's a site w/ coloring pages (some of them won't be appropriate but there's some cute pumpkin ones) -

http://www.preschoolcoloringbook.com/color/cphalloween.shtml 

A few more ideas -

Candy corn bingo - Print bingo cards out on a pumpkin shaped piece of paper (you can laminate for future use). Then have the kids use candy corn for markers. After bingo is over, they have a sweet treat to eat. You could have a Bible or devotional or bookmark for the prize.

Pumpkin patch - You pain the palm of each child's hand orange (not the fingers just the palm) then press it onto a piece of construction or other paper. Paint the child's pinky finger green and put on top for the pumpkin stem. When the palm print is dry you can add wiggly eyes and decorate or you can just leave it a plain pumpkin. You could always talk about how God made each one of us different, but we are all made in His image.

Pin the crow on the scarecrow - Just like pin the tail on the donkey. I'm sure you can find a template of crows and scarecrows online. And of course depending on what age children you are having.

Ok, that's all I can come up with for right now. I'll try to look up some more stuff later when the kids are down for a nap.

MamaOfB
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 12:32 PM

orientaltrading.com has lots of cute ideas.  and some are Faith based. 

KRIZZ25
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 9:33 AM

MABIE HAVE KIDS DRAW PICKS AND SOME AND HANG UP. OR EVERY ONE CAN MAKE PIZZA,S ( SMALL ONES) WTH ALL ORAGE,YELLOW THIGS ...HAVE THEM DRING ORANG /YELLOW DRINK..   

MOM TO AMAMNDA  8 YEARS OLD  KATIE,DAVIE 4 YEARS OLD  AND DOKOTA 1 YEAS OLD ( DOG) .I LIKE TO TAKE PICKS AND COOK.

FORGIVE MY SPELLING..I HAVE LD..BUT GOD LOVES ME..!!!

busy mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN