Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks to everyone.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 268 Total Views

I would like to thank everyone for making me feel just as welcome here as everyone else.  A few days back I posted that I was fairly new here and hadnt met anyone yet just like everyone else who posted that they were new here.  The only difference is that I included that I am pretty shy and cant make friends that easily because of it.  The others who posted like me have gotten several responses welcoming them and adding them as friends while I have recieved only 1.  That really makes me feel so welcome.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
armymamaof2
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 3:58 AM

NOt that I need to defend my self or anything . BUT I didnt post anything cause well I normally dont here. #1 reason I dont live there yet till aug. I just read other post tryin to get a feel of how ft. carson is . and both my girls are 3 and 5 . I will say Welcome to the group now. I hope you dont stop posting here or leave this place cause u felt un welcome. From what I get there is not a whole lotta posting going on , on here period.

trevino52004
by Member on Apr. 12, 2009 at 12:11 AM

WOW! Sorry for your hurt feelings :(   I try to log on here at least once every other week, yet  I must admit I have been a bit lost!!  I have found some great friends here, so don't give up!

hardergirl5
by Member on Apr. 13, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I am sorry you haven't been made to feel welcome.  I just moved here a few months ago and I have two children.  How old is your daughter?  I haven't seen your original message because we have been having problems with our internet and so I limit my internet use to absolute necessities.  Today it is working even though it is slow so I decided to read some cafemom.  I hope you feel better about moving here. 

Mom2princessq
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 3:11 PM
I'm sorry hun!!!!
The same thing has happened to me... My problem is I live about 20 mins from post and that has caused issues.... I have been dropped as a friend like a hot potato because I'm not a ('convenient friend')....  I hope you meet some people soon... Try to stay positive!!! I did and I have met some great mom's in Meet ups and Air force wives/Army Wives Based at Peterson...  Since I live closer to Peterson and do all my shopping and have my Dr Appt's there it has worked out better for me...

Hugs!!!

Ssgtadkinswife
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Hi I just found your post and I'm just like you very shy when it comes to making friends!! But, if you ever want to make a playdate on post just pm me and we can set the date up!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)