Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry it's long!My 10yr old son!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 754 Total Views

I'll have to give you a brief background before I ask any questions.I've had a couple docs say that my son has PDD-NOS and tried to refer him to the Autism Clinic, but our insurance(Tricare-military)denied it and sent us to the Dev. Peds Dept at the base clinic.They said that he does not have PDD-NOS but does have the ADHD(the other docs said yes to this and PDD-NOS)and anxiety disorder, and just now mild depression.My son still has symptoms of PDD-NOS and I'm getting pretty concerned.He was holding his #2 in for so long that he streched out his anus muscles causing him to have #1 and #2 accidents.The doc gave him some Miralax and he has to take daily and slowly work on getting his muscles to work normal again.My husband and I thought things were getting better because he was only have 2 #2 accidents a week and maybe 3 #1 accidents a week.We had to pull up his carpet in his room from before because he had #2's in his room or they were in his pants and fell out, the room smelled really bad and it was just not santitary.But the smell just wasn't going away but we looked everywhere and found nothing.I had to wash his bedding daily(thinking it was just on him and that was where the smell was coming from).The smell still didn't go away.Then we saw some #2 hand prints on his window and we openned the window and found(and I'm not exacgeratting about 10lbs of #2 thrown out the window onto our roof!Now here is my question(finally..sorry it was long), Has anyone had anything similar to this with an Autistic child?Could this be from him having PDD-NOS or ADHD/Anxiety.The doc said that he doesn't know when he his doing #2 because he doesn't have the feeling down there but that's not what I was trying to ask him...we know they are accidents what we are not understanding(and either is the doc)is why he doesn't clean it up afterwards...there is no way he CAN NOT feel that he has #2 in his pants or #1(he's got to feel wet or something in his underwear).Is this just me going through this and if not...how do I get his docs to look more into PDD-NOS.Thank you so much for any advice and I'm so sorry this is so long!
Very confused mom of 8!!!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
jordysmom12
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Don't give up!!!! I could not imagine having 8 w/one having a disability ,i have 3 w/one with PDD/NOS and its a struggle!! My son is 14 and when he was 2 & 3 i had major issues with potty training him he was my 1st and a boy plus no diagnoses yet @ the time...anyhow he would go poop in his diaper and had problems going poop so it would bug him so bad,he did not like the feeling of poo on his butt so he would take his diaper off and sometimes play in it!!! Ewwwwwwwww =0 we had to invest in a steam cleaner just for poo but only works so long=( he grew out of this after potty training him finally, and about age 11 he finally got diagnosed with pdd/nos and that took yrs and many of Dr. and my own research.He was on an IEP since pre-school so i don't get what took so fn long?????? So don't give up and research and keep track of symptoms with a journal and don't settle for one or 2 opinions.....my son had a-lot of symptoms of asd but that was not enough to diagnose ,plus a-lot of Dr. are not educated enough i guess. Good Luck & don't give up!!!! BUMP FOR OTHERS TO REPLY!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)