Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carpet Tiles

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:56 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

We are looking at pulling our carpet up and replacing it with something we just are not sure yet. For short term I am thinking of these tiles. We bought this house last year and it was a foreclosed home. I being ocd about the way my house looks and smells decided after a few months to invest into a black light (our dog we had at the time was house trained), we got a new puppy so I wanted to see what we were starting with. OMG is all I can still say. There are stains not visible ]on the carpet with out light  but none the less still there. We had the carpets cleaned and I regularly clean it but it's still nasty. Anyways our bedroom is were I want to start because I get a musty odor. I have cleaned the bathroom with bleach top to bottom and I really do not smell it in there. Whenever there is any moisture(shower shampooing of carpets) we can smell it in our room so I am thinking its in our carpet. I want to clean the sub flooring and seal it before we do anything with it. Is there any less expensive alternatives to flooring???

Amber

~*~Mommy of two~*~

Reagan michelle 9-25-04 Kane William 7-19-06

~*~Wifey to MIke 1-4-03~*~

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
bvona
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:04 PM

You can get vinyl sticky tile that looks like wood. Its not a long term fix, but you cant beat the price if you just want something that looks good for the short term

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)