Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SURVEY FOR HEMANGIOMA MOMS

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 10:17 PM
  • 90 Replies
  • 2323 Total Views
I am doing some research on Hemangiomas and you can help me by answering these six questions. Thank you in advance for your time.

1. Where is your child hemangioma(s) located?

2. When did they appear?

3. How old is you child now?

4. How big is the Hemangioma in comparison to an everyday object?

5. DId you have a vaginal delivery or a C-Section?

6. If vaginal, was the baby in the birth canal or compressed for a long period of time? If so, approxiamately how long?

by on May. 7, 2007 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MooNFaeRie30
by New Member on May. 7, 2007 at 10:19 PM
I am doing some research on Hemangiomas and you can help me by answering these six questions. Thank you in advance for your time.

on the side of her abdomen

2. When did they appear?
at birth

6 months

a little less round than a pennt and maybe a 1/2" raised

vaginal delivery

6. If vaginal, was the baby in the birth canal or compressed for a long period of time? If so, approxiamately how long?
I don't think she was compressed for along period of time. At least no one said anything. How would I know?
GABBYSMOMMA
by New Member on May. 7, 2007 at 10:23 PM
1. Where is your child hemangioma(s) located? neck

2. When did they appear? birth

3. How old is you child now?5 mos

4. How big is the Hemangioma in comparison to an everyday object? small bottle of aspririn

5. DId you have a vaginal delivery or a C-Section? vaginal

6. If vaginal, was the baby in the birth canal or compressed for a long period of time? If so, approxiamately how long? no...i went from 3 to 10 cm in 2 hours and pushed for 10 min
Alie
by on May. 9, 2007 at 12:25 PM
1. Where is your child hemangioma(s) located?  Her big one is on her back, she has a few other small ones that sort of "circle" around to her chest on her left side.  I think she has 5.

2. When did they appear?  Her first one (on her back) was sort of a "dent" in her skin when she was born, the others showed up about a month later.

3. How old is you child now? 1 year

4. How big is the Hemangioma in comparison to an everyday object?  The one on her back is about the size of a 4 oz bottle and raised probably anywhere between 1/2"-1", her others are MUCH smaller and just puffed, not raised (if that makes any sense), her smallest one is about the size of the opening of an average sized pen.

5. DId you have a vaginal delivery or a C-Section?  Vaginal

6. If vaginal, was the baby in the birth canal or compressed for a long period of time? If so, approxiamately how long?  I pushed for about 4 hours off and on.
Naomshi
by on May. 10, 2007 at 8:20 AM

1. Where is your child hemangioma(s) located? On the right side of her head

2. When did they appear? it seems like it was magical b/c when she was born she did not have it and then all of a sudden there it was and it kept getting bigger, it seems to have slowed down now.

six months

probably about the size or a marble

vaginal

6. If vaginal, was the baby in the birth canal or compressed for a long period of time? If so, approxiamately how long? I do not think she was in there for a long period of time.  I started pushing early.  I pushed for two hours.
gimmykissy77
by Member on May. 10, 2007 at 8:22 AM
1. Where is your child hemangioma(s) located? 1. very small back of head 2. rather large back of left ear 3. long and wide just below belly button 2. When did they appear? The belly and head appeared within 10 of birth. 3. How old is you child now? She is 5 months 4. How big is the Hemangioma in comparison to an everyday object? She has taken steroids and laser treatments to "heal in" the areas. Pictures are posted on the group's page. The head is about a dime and never thicker than 3 dimes. The ear grew to about 3 pieces of chewed bubble yum. The belly grew to about 2 quarters side by side and 2 quarters thick. Now the belly is flat and the ear is 1/2 the size. 5. DId you have a vaginal delivery or a C-Section? vaginal 6. If vaginal, was the baby in the birth canal or compressed for a long period of time? If so, approxiamately how long? I don't think so. What type of research, personal,academic?
abchall
by on May. 10, 2007 at 3:48 PM
SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS FOREHEAD

2. When did they appear?
IT STARTED OUT AS A WHITE MARK WHEN HE WAS 2 MONTHS OLD BUT TURNED TO BLOOD COLOR WHEN HE WAS 3 MONTHS OLD.

HE WILL BE 2 NEXT MONTH

.....ABOUT THE SIZE OF A 1/2CT ROUND DIAMOND (THAT'S ALL I COULD THINK OF...LOL) AND RAISED 1/2"

VAGINAL

I WAS IN LABOR FOR 11 HOURS WITH HIM AND WAS CONSTANTLY SICK THROUGH IT AND THE DOCTORS TOLD ME THAT WHEN I CRINGED UP TO VOMIT, THE BABY WAS BEING COMPRESSED AND HIS HEARTRATE WOULD RACE.

***fOR.yOUR.iNFORMATION....I CAN SEE HIS HEMANGIOMA IN A 4D ULTRASOUND PICTURE THAT I HAVE.....I CAN ADD IT ON HERE IF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN SEEING IT!***
jamielyn04
by New Member on May. 10, 2007 at 3:53 PM

1. Where is your child hemangioma(s) located? on her back between her shoulders

2. When did they appear? when she was 1 1/2 months

3. How old is you child now? 7 months

4. How big is the Hemangioma in comparison to an everyday object? a dime

5. DId you have a vaginal delivery or a C-Section? C-section

mayli26
by New Member on May. 12, 2007 at 3:49 AM

My 5 year old had three two on her face(on nose, below her eye) and one internal hemangioma on her back

my three month old has one on her arm

2. When did they appear?
the ones on her face became noticeable the first week after she was born they started out as tiny little marks that looked like a small scratch

I noticed the marks within the first week,  I was in denial at first did not want to believe that now my second baby has a hemangioma

5 years will be 6 in a month

3 month old

my 5 year old - her hemangiomas are slowly going away they are no longer bright red, still very big probably about the size of a dime

my three month old her hemangioma is slowly growing also close to the size of a dime

vaginal for both

not sure what the question is

but i can tell you that i have a thyroid condition for about 10 years and have been on thyroid medication which i have to take once a day

i suspect the hemangiomas are related to either my condition or the medicine i take

both girls were full term and very healthy babies thank god

ipsey
by New Member on May. 13, 2007 at 10:19 PM
1. Where is your child hemangioma(s) located? ONLY MY SECOND DAUGHTER HAS ONE ITS ON HER FACE UNDER HER RIGHT EYE.

2. When did they appear? IT LOOKED LIKE A SLIGHTLY BRUISED MARK AT BIRTH STARTED TO GROW A A MONTH

3. How old is you child now? 5 YEARS OLD 6 IN JULY

4. How big is the Hemangioma in comparison to an everyday object? NOW ITS LIGHT IN COLOR AND ABOUT THE SIZE OF A DIME AND VERY SLIGHTLY RAISED. AT A YEAR OLD IT WAS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A QUARTER A LITTLE BIGGER BRIGHT RED AND RAISED 1/2 IN.  

5. DId you have a vaginal delivery or a C-Section? VAGINAL

6. If vaginal, was the baby in the birth canal or compressed for a long period of time? If so, approxiamately how long  MY LABOR WAS 12 HOURS, SHE CAME SUNNY SIDE UP AND HAD LIGHT BRUISES ON HER FACE.HER FOUR MONTHS I HAVE A NEW PIC ON MY HOME PAGE.
K-Bear
by on May. 16, 2007 at 10:53 PM

Upper Left Thigh & Right Shoulder Blade.

2. When did they appear?
The one on the thigh was there at birth & the one on his back appeared a few days later.

15 Weeks.

Thigh = a peanut
Shoulder Blade = a pencil eraser.

Vaginal.

No. I only pushed for an hour.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)