Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Gone!

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 1:28 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 957 Total Views

My Son had surgery because the Hemangioma on his eyelid was causing an astigmatism, rapidly.

Did your child had thier's removed? If it grew back how long until you noticed it coming back?

After is a week After and Before is a week or two before.

by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amanda0803
by Member on Dec. 22, 2008 at 11:14 AM

He looks great. Best of luck.

FinnsMama06
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2009 at 10:46 AM

My son had his removed in November 2008 and there are no signs of it returning.  His was just shaved down to the skin so the color was not removed but it continues to get lighter.

KRYSTALxoxo
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2009 at 2:56 PM

My daughter, now 5 years old, was born with one. A large one as big as her newborn head. It was on her back and back of her shoulder blade up to her neck. I had to have her csection cause it was stopping her from coming out. Anyway when she was born I thought she was hump backed. It was huge! She had to have it removed at 4 days old because it was killing her. The surgery could have killed her too. Her heart was failing, due to the stress of the hemoraging inside the hemangioma. It was trapping all of her platelets, which clot your blood. So drs were giving her platelets. By doing this she developed a blood clot in her main aorta artery and not enough blood flow got to her right kidney and she lost it. Anyways by miracle she did make it through surgery, and now has a large scar. I have did so much research looking into this. What is usually a harmless birthmark can be soooo dangerous and life threatening, or cause complications like your sons eye. They sure don't tell you that in any baby books I read while I was pregnant! Well I worried like you for a while if it would grow back and it did not. Every little pimple spot on her freaks me out still today. I was scared to have another baby. I did he came out clear so far he is almost 2! Good luck, your baby is precious, beautiful eyes! Bless you.

HNKmom
by Member on Aug. 20, 2009 at 11:13 AM

My son had a compound nasal tip h...had oral steroids, lasers etc and finally excision of the deep portion.  Best decision we ever made for him.

After one laser, while on oral steroids.

This shows how bulbous his nose was made by the deep hemangioma.

TriciaReuter
by Member on Sep. 10, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Outstanding!!! He looks great! Skyelar also had one on her eye lid and it has been disappearing on it's own (luckily)!!

ovongsikhay
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:52 PM

He looks great and it didn't too long for recovering it seems. My 9 week old daughter has one on her left upper eyelid. I'm scared, worried and fraustrated cause all of the doctors can't do much but wait and watch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)