Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not the mom, but Grandma

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 1306 Total Views

My first grandbaby was born 2 weeks ago and was born with a pigmented hairy nevus on his temple/face, it measures 8cm so it is rather large. Mommy & Daddy are adjusting well and love the little guy to peices! But none of us are too sure how to handle the "gasps", or the "OH my's" , or "wow did he get hurt " or "holy crap look at the hair on that thing"when in public and people make such rude comments. I personally would like to rip their faces off(LOL) but we want little cameron to learn to deal with it in a better more positive way. Also was wondering if anyone else out there has a child with a hairy nevus? Were wanting to look into health risks and get some support so we can best deal with this.

heres a pic of my sweet grandbaby! Cameron

by on Apr. 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lovemymaybabies
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2009 at 3:48 PM

My daughter has a hemangioma on her face so I can relate to the public comments.  I don't know much about a hairy nevus but I wanted to say that Cameron is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Tara

Kerasmama
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Thanks we too think he is beautiful, just wish the strangers you meet thought the same.. ya know?

lovemymaybabies
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I do know exactly what you mean! It's SO hard sometimes. I even found myself getting angry when children point and stare...It's painful but I have to remember that Michaela doesn't even know what is going on.  I have become stronger and less aware actually to strangers and their "stares".  I KNOW she is my beautiful baby girl and she is perfect in our eyes.  Give Cameron tons of hugs and kisses....as I am sure you already do a TON of that!! ;)

Take care!
Tara

amanda0803
by Member on Apr. 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I know what you mean also. My little guy has a hemangioma on his top lip. People always have to ask "What Happened"? Anywho Cameron is a doll!!!

doubledsmommy
by Member on Apr. 25, 2009 at 11:07 PM

He is so cute! My son has one his elbow, and it has recently just started sprouting little tiny hairs. My daughter had a port wine stain. I would talk to a couple different doctors, just because certain birthmarks can be linked to different disorders. Best of luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)