Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MRI Today

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2009 at 8:11 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 307 Total Views

Hey ladies,

I know I haven't been as active as i'd like to in this group. Things have been crazy. I hope to become more active though.

Today at 1 pm is my daughter's first MRI. They are checking her for Sturge-Weber Syndrome (for those that don't know what it is PM me and i'll give you info). I am petrified. I know what's going to happena dn I know what to expect, but i'm sooooo nervous. Then we have to wait all weekend for the results. I hate waiting!!!!!!!

On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday my daughter is scheduled for a 3 day EEG. We are positive she has been having seizures, so she is having a 3 day video EEG she check and see what's with her brain waves.

I'm ready to scream right now. I am so emotional and I'm at the end of my period(so nto a good time to have it!).

If anyone has any advice or suggestions or experiance with these things, i'd really love to hear your stories and thoughts.

Thanks in advance! Plese keep my daughter in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks! <3

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

by on Jul. 9, 2009 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mtamy
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I can't help you with advice, but you're in our prayers.

Best,

Amy

number1mom1804
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I have a MRI on July 15th for my 11 month old DS.  It will be his second...the first was done when he was just a newborn baby.  Let me tell you, it was the scariest thing I have ever been through, BUT everything went like it should!  As far as the procedure, he was fine but the results showed he has multiple internal hemangioma through-out his body.  Fast forward to having to get a 2nd MRI.  I am a little less freaked out about having to do it again but it still doesn't make it any easier.  At least this time we will be getting a baby sitter for the girls and Josi (daddy) will be coming with me...which I highly recommend for support!  The first time I went alone, just me and the baby, Josi stayed home with our 2 girls.  I was totally freaking out cause it took 6 hours from start to finish.  I didn't have a cell at the time so I was just sitting in the waiting room analyzing the worst outcomes in my head....aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!  So I am glad he will be there to help me through it this time!  The only advice I can give, other than don't do it alone, is no matter what things will always work out.  So keep your head and hopes up and love that baby with everything you got!!!

If you have any questions just message me.........GOOD LUCK!

Amanda aka number1mom1804

mommatrishy
by Member on Jul. 16, 2009 at 11:03 AM

My daughter has had 4 MRI's and 3 echo's along with many other tests and I still get nervous.  I guess I am not as nervous as I used to be.  She has PHACE syndrome and has been going through numerous tests since she was a newborn.  Things will be ok.  I am sorry you all have to go through this.   Best of luck.  I am sending big hugs to you and your family. 

By the way, how did it go?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)