Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hello

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 12:27 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 733 Total Views

hello I'm new to the group my name is misty and my baby had humanism's in her head and check . my hubby and i tuck her to a doc that wants to put her on a blood pressure med and I'm not so sure and would like some input from other people and they are not hurting her in any way i had one mine was surface and hers is a deep one but still not hurting her so if i could hear what every one think let me know

by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
number1mom1804
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2009 at 12:00 PM

What would be the benefits of giving her the meds?  I would recommend looking at the pros and cons to figure out if it would be worth it or not.  I also have to say that I was told by a doc that just because your child doesn't act like she's in pain doesn't mean that she isn't!  My son has an ulcerating hemangioma on his entire left leg and it is very painful but you can not tell that he is in any pain.  Since he was born with it, he doesn't know any different.  He thinks the discomfort is normal.  Just something for you to consider.  I wish you the best and good luck...you will make the right choice!

Sincerely,

Amanda aka number1mom1804

TriciaReuter
by Member on Sep. 10, 2009 at 10:04 AM

I wish you luck as well!!! and you might want to get a second opinion. While I was taking my daughter to Children's hospital for the one on her eye we got to know many other parents with the same issues and they never stated that their son/daughter was on any meds.

mommatrishy
by Member on Sep. 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM

I wonder if they are talking about propranolol.  That is a blood pressure med and it does wonders for hemangiomas.  Find out what med they are going to put her on and then do some research on it.  That's what I would do.

Sarahedger
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2010 at 3:46 AM

I think that I would not give meds for any reason if it was not really needed. I would ask the doctor at the next vist "what if we don't do meds" I would just throw it out there good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN