• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RIP Holly doggie

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:47 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 370 Total Views

This beautiful dog was my familys . Holly Noel passed away this morning right in front of my childrens eyes. We are heartbroken and so full of sadness. We bought Holly on December 24th 2002 for our daughters and she was the best present those girls ever got. My son was born in 2004 and we thought he could grow up with Holly by his side but the Lord had other plans for her . We loved her so much and now are lost without her . This grief feels just like when my Daddy and best friend died. The pain is so bad and I have had to be a strong mother today for the kids, but now they are all in their beds dreaming of better days and I am left to face the lonely living room without my dog laying down next to me and protecting me from dangers. She was a sweet and lazy dog but she would always let me know when something wasnt right. She got sick this week and started acting not herself. Since I am disabled I had to wait for this morning to take her to the vets because I can no longer lift her . My husband woke this morning first and realized Holly wasnt right. He took her outside while I started to get ready to go to the vets. When he got her outside , she took a deep breath of the cold Michigan air and fell over and died right there.  I cant get that vision out of my head tonight. I feel so very bad, maybe the vets couldve fixed the problem. Was this my fault and will I ever forgive myself ?

I never have loved an animal before. now I know how other people feel. The kids and me dont want another dog yet , I am not sure I ever will again. This hurts so bad and I miss her cold wet nose and the way she sat at my feet at night. She was a blessing through some really hard times in my life. I will miss you forever Holly girl and I will see you in heaven . Please go to my Daddy and Bruiser dog and they will take care of you til I can come too. Be a good girl , like you were always for me and find the biggest bone and eat it all. I love you, the kids love you and we will see you again.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
unicorn54166
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I am so sorry for your loss it is sohard and i am sure there is nothing you could have done. My Puppy well she was 13 died coming up on 2 years this june and I miss her so much I got her when she was just 6 weeks old I could hold her in the palm of my hand she was the runt and she was my best friend and also my kids she had gotten sick in the summer and it was over the weekend she was sick throwing up etc I thought it was due to the heat I brougth her to the vet on mon morning and she died in my arms on the table the vet said she had pancreititus and cancer she never showed any signs except for those 2 days the vet said she probably didnt have it long it was just very quick It is very hard when you loose a pet just likeloosing a mamber of your family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)