Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where are the Michigan Moms??

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2007 at 9:56 AM
  • 56 Replies
  • 1712 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Hi ladies,

I see that there are 24 members of this group but not many write in it.  So....I would like to meet other michigan moms.  My name is Janice and I am 26.  I have been married to my husband Kevin for 5 1/2 years and we have been together for almost 12 years.  We have 2 children. Cody is 3 1/2 and in a preschool that specializes is special needs.  All his marbles are there, he just doesn't talk as much and as clear as he should.  He sees a speach therapist 2 times a week. ECDD is a great program for anyone who needs it (speach delay, behavior problems, autism...)  Alison, A.K.A. Miss Ali Jean (pronounced like Alley) is 2 and has quite the ATTITUDE.  She can be sweet...sometimes.  I have to say she is the instigator a lot of the time. 

So, we are from Madison Heights.  I would love to talk with other michigan moms, especially ones in my area.  It would be nice to have friends with kids.  Friends without kids really don't understand as well.

OK, so I know you ladies are out there (at least 23 others plus myself) Lets be a bit more chatty!!!

Talk to you ALL soon   :)
Janice
by on Apr. 24, 2007 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livinlyfe53
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Hi!!!!! Wow u are just the person i have been looking for! lol...My name is Evelynne I am 26 as well. I have a son Donovan who is 2 1/2. I am from Ferndale...I am looking for a play date as well....and possibly a friend too! I have no friends that have kids. I was hoping to find that on here....tell me more about you guys....I have a boyfriend of two years......
michigangirl
by on May. 2, 2007 at 7:11 PM
Hi, I am from Sparta Michigan. I have two children ages 4 months and 4 years-girl and boy! I am a stay at home mom and a student at college. If you ever want to chat...hit me up.
fynemom85
by New Member on May. 2, 2007 at 7:26 PM
my name is marcee and im 21 years old and from grand rapids, michigan ....im looking for playdates and friends also..before i had my daughter me and my fiancee 23 years old had alot of friends then when i became pregnant noone came to visit or came over to chat even after i had her they didnt even come over to drink..me and my faincee been engaged for 4 years in june..please someone save my day
Ambz
by New Member on May. 4, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Hi I'm 22 and I have 1 son who his 7 months old. I live in Jackson, Michigan.  I would love to find someone who would like to go for walks with me. I need to lose some of that baby weight.

harahcookie
by New Member on May. 9, 2007 at 12:23 PM
Hi my name is Sarah, I have a daughter (2YO in August). I'm from the Detroit/Dearborn area. Only one of my friends has any kids, and though we enjoy getting our kids together to play, we don't get to do it very often.
My husband and I will be married for 2 years in September, but we've been together for 4 1/2 years.
I don't really have a lot of free time for play dates, because I work afternoons and my days off are usually spent running errands. But friends are always welcome.
I ran into the same problem with the majority of my friends baling out on me shortly after I had my daughter... but friends like that aren't really worth having in the first place. Now what friends that stuck with me, are even better friends than before.
MrsFlutterby21
by New Member on May. 10, 2007 at 11:29 AM
Hello again,

Nice to meet all of you who responded.  Well, I've been a bit busy.  We have decided to sell our house and move into a 3 bedroom townhome.  We are hoping to get one that we saw in Sterling Heights.  My husband and I grew up in Sterling Heights and we have felt out of place ever since we moved to a different city.  Maybe its because both of our parents live there.  Where we want to move, both of our parents will be only 5 minutes away.  Thats good because my kids can spend more time with my Dad.  OK, enough about me...how are all of you ladies doing?  Chat with you soon.

Janice
motownmom83
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Hi lady’s, My name is Mira I'll be 24 in Dec, and I been married for almost 6 years now and we have a son "Joshua" he is going to be 5 in august. We live near downriver.  I want to meet new best friend who live near. :) I used to have a best friend, but she live in PA now I only see her at least twice a year. So I really hope to meet someone here... also would love to chat sometime.

Orchidmom
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2007 at 9:48 PM
Hi there! My name is Nicole,I'm 27 and I live in Rochester Hills with my wonderful husband Jeremy. We've been married for 4 years and have 3 boys! Leif is 9 going on 10 in September, Neil just turned 6, and Asa is 18mos. I am a SAHM and my hubby is the Executive Chef at Mitchells Fish Market:) I love meeting new moms on here! Sounds like we're a great bunch! Hope to chat with you all soon:)
NathansMommy577
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:12 PM
Hey everyone! My name is Kristal and I am 22. I am the proud mommy of my little boy Nathan. He is about to turn 3 months. I am from Ann Arbor and have been with my boyfriend now for about 3 years.

Since I have had the baby, my "friends" seemed to have disappeared.  Obviously, they dont have children. So my social life has been at a stand still for a few months now.

I saw this group and was so happy! I would really like to meet some moms in the area that understand my situation and have kids too. Sometimes I think I am going to go crazy if I cant get some adult conversation during the day.

So I wanted say hello to everyone and if ANYONE needs a friend, I am here for you!! My son may not be helpful on playdates, he is a little too small, but if mommy needs a friend, please DO NOT hesitate to ask!
momma4boys717
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 10:09 AM
Hi ladies, Im amanda and I just turned 25.  I have been with my boyfriend Dan for 3 yrs and we are getting married sep 21.  Between the two of us we have 4 boys.  I have a stepson Nathan (5),  I have a son Matthew (4) from a previous relationship and together we have to sons Tyler (17mths) and Zack (1mth).  I am a SAHM for now.  I live in Waterford and am always looking for playmates and playdates.  I have very few friends that have very little time for a busy mom like myself.   Feel free to chat with me anytime.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)