Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

airplane carseat bags.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

I'm lookinh for something semi durable to put me 2 evenflo convertible carseats in for the flight we take in a couple weeks. We will change planes once each way and they will be checked at the gate. 

Any advice I do not need top of the line as we only fly once every couple years, and next time we may drive. 

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
besty1974
by Member on Apr. 8, 2010 at 8:34 AM

We bought our carseat bag at  Baby's R Us, I have no idea what brand it was $20 or so.  The key thing for us was that it had wheels and a shoulder strap which made it easier to maneuver through the airport.

Cruiseagentmom
by Group Owner on Apr. 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM

It's been awhile since my kids had to use a carseat on the plane but last I remember.....When I flew on United airlines, they had a clear plastic bag for the car seats. It was good enough for me just to keep it from getting dirty.

I don't know for sure if all the airlines offer this bag or not.Check with the airline that you are flying on.

ninad81
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:33 PM

most airlines don't give the clear bags anymore. we flew on us air a few weeks ago from san diego they gave us a garbage bag, but virgin, air canada and british airways haven't supplied anything. i suggest something like toys r us or a baby store (we have a usa baby close to us) they sell bags usually around $20. we purchased one for our full size stroller and it was great.

Cruiseagentmom
by Group Owner on May. 27, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Quoting ninad81:

most airlines don't give the clear bags anymore. we flew on us air a few weeks ago from san diego they gave us a garbage bag, but virgin, air canada and british airways haven't supplied anything. i suggest something like toys r us or a baby store (we have a usa baby close to us) they sell bags usually around $20. we purchased one for our full size stroller and it was great.

The airlines is really get cheap, aren't they ?

A garbage bag??!!!!  How nice.

ninad81
by Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM

yeah i was like - wow - looks trashy, but at least it didn't get dirty! And I should edit my post, British AIrways in Barcelona WERE able to track us down a nice clear bag.

Some airports probably have those shrink wrap stations. We saw one in London but didn't have time to get it done. it's basically completely wrapped in plastic. Could be annoying to get off but at least it protects the seat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)