Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you plan on going into the countryside this summer... READ THIS FIRST!!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 165 Total Views

first of all go onto youtube and  listen to the song "international harvester" by Craig Morgan. i dont really care if you like country music or not just listen to the words. then come back...

ok did u listen? ok now pay attention...

before you decide to get behind the wheel go and re-learn the rules of the road paying very close attention to rules that have to do with private roads, agricultural machinery and livestock.

if you get stuck behind someone on a tractor don't get pissy because truth be told that dirty farmer probably makes less money than you do and possibly is farming the very food you put on your table.

if you see someone on a horse... SLOW YOUR A** DOWN.... unless you want to get someone killed.

if there is someone in the middle of the road on a horse waving at you... STOP!!!! dont just blow by him. roll down your window and ask whats up. its very possible that there are cattle crossing the road beyond your sight and if you drive up to them it is very possible you will start a stampede. and trust me it doesn't take very many to roll a car.

now if you see a sign that has the image of a cow on it, get off your phone and keep an eye out for livestock. because that sign means that the area around the road is free range. meaning there could be a cow or a herd of sheep in the road.

a word to die hard vegetarians. don't start a scene when you see animals being raised for meat. because those animals are the farmers livelihood. if you try and "save" the animals think about the farmers family that you would be stealing from.

now a word to ppl who think guns are "bad" and "evil." just about every house in the countryside has at least one shotgun. why? because in the country not everyone makes 60-80 grand a year. many of us have to go hunting every fall just to be able to feed our families through the winter.

if you are lost and need directions dont ask the ppl in the car next to you at a stop light. go to the gas station and ask the folks in there. one of the main reasons those ppl are hired there is because they know the lay of the land.

last but not least. in the country side, everyone is everyones neighbor. we don't care if we have never met you, we will still wave hello from our cars. and the guy offering to pull your car out of the ditch isn't going to try and rob you blind. he's just a nice guy wanting to help out a fellow man.

yes i am from the country and yes this is a rant in view of tourist season.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
dustinsmom0113
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I do love that song :D We have "Tractor Crossing Signs" in our town, and when people come visit from out of town they think it is hilarious. I always tell them "It's not meant to be funny, it's meant to inform you that a TRACTOR MAY BE CROSSING at any time." LOL. I feel ya.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)