Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Travelling in Europe?

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

Im thinking of taking my two boys on a trip to Europe, has anyone been to France, Belgium  in the Summer?

I've been to Belgium many years ago and have offered it as a suggestion due to the great food and the straight roads to enable manouvering by bicycle or walking the streets with a stroller. 

Im taking my soon to be 2yr old as he is almost  FOC , any suggestions where to stay overnight or great activities maybe Legoland, Euro disney or transport wise how to get from Belgium to France? 

Is train, Car Hire or the Channel best , driving or ferry between the countries?

Thanks Happy spring Holidays all!

by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lauren486
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 4:51 AM

My family is currently living in the UK and have visited both France and Belgium.  I don't have many recommendations, but could probably give you some if you have a more specific area of the countries you will be visiting.  If you have been to Disney World or Disney land in Florida or California, do not expect Euro Disney to be the same.  Everyone who goes there with expectations hates it.  However, I must say it is still on our list to take the girls next year.  The countries are easily drivable if you want to go the route of renting a car.  We have driven from the UK, taken the ferry from Dover to Calais FR, and then driven through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Germany.  I like to have a car to be able to use our own car seats and pack the "luxuries" like a stroller and extra bits for the kids.  However, the train is definitely a feasible option as well.  It can get very expensive so watch for deals in advance.  

Lauren486
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 4:52 AM

Brugge is our favorite city in Belgium.  It is very picturesque with a very European village feel to it.  

twinpicks
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Yes Ill definately visit Brugge again... Do you know about anMedieval festival they have there every four years in Summer... I'll never forget years ago stumbling on it without expecting too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)