Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here and need help

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 175 Total Views

Now my son's first outing was the day after we got out of the hospital and we go alot of places but in April starting on my b-day April 1st through the 8th we will be in TX. I just need help on the Airline policies we are traveling American Airlines my son will be 7 months old and all the liquid restrictions have me worried usually i just fill bottles up with water pop some formula in a lil container diapers wipes and off we go.

I'm not sure if were bringing his carseat it is FAA approved my mom was thinking about that and an umbrella stroller. I just don't know what to do. It's not going to be a one shot flight we will be having a lay over somewhere depending what flight out we take. Someone pls help i'm drowning and we arn't even close to leaving.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 1:53 PM

You can always call the airline and talk to a human.  That usually clears things up pretty well.  I"m not sure how carrying on formula in an unmarked container will work, I hope some else has a suggestion.   Your son is young enough to ride on your lap though and save you the expense of paying for an extra seat.

by Member on Feb. 7, 2009 at 9:09 PM

The last time we flew was on Delta so I'm not sure if all of the airlines are the same, but none of the liquid restrictions apply to baby items like food and bottles.  Just keep those items readily available and in a large Ziploc-type bag, so they can check it and you should be fine.  We didn't bring a carseat (the rental car company provided one for free upon our arrival), and our stroller didn't cost any extra to bring along.

by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I called AirTran today and asked about the carseat, they said as long as it was FAA approved I was set. Now I have to double check w/ Midwest Express though.. but I'm sure they are all pretty much the same, at least on the car seats.

I wish that info was on their websites, but I would just call and ask away!

by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Carseats~ It should tell you on the side sticker if it's FAA approved, if not, you can check it at the front desk or gate.

Stroller~ Check it at the gate.  I actually carry my son (well, one walks) in a carrier (any cheap one will work or borrow one...I carry alot, so I use a wrap) and use the stroller as a luggage/carseat carrier.  I actually checked the carseat at the gate as well (this way, I knew it went on the plane and I would get it) as I knew Brendan would not handle being in the carseat well.  I also put my carry-on bag on the stroller etc. This is nice as they have everything waiting for you the moment you step out of the plane.

Formula/bottles~ Ok, technically, they allow anything for baby on...for me, I just brought a small container of our formula (powder, small can) and purchased water after we went through the gate.  Another option is to just purchase 1 container of RTF formula for the trip (easy pour and feed without the mess) can ask the flight attendent to put it in the fridge after opening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)