Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CM PM

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 466 Total Views

I am running another challenge and wanted to invite your group to participate again. We're starting a new "Healthy Cookoff." Several of CafeMom's healthy food & recipes groups will be participating. Each group will have a week to contribute as many healthy recipes or comments about the recipes as they can. After a week, the the group with the most recipes and comments will win a "Cookbook Party" in the group, where we will give away one new healthy cookbook each day for a week.

Do you want to include the Atkins & Low-carb Diet Group in the cookoff? Let me know what you think! We'll be starting it later this week, so please let me know as soon as you can and I'll get you set up!

by on Sep. 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
savannahsmom242
by Group Owner on Sep. 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM

So make a new post for each recipe, that way we can comment on each one too.  YAY!  I love contests!

savannahsmom242
by Group Owner on Sep. 8, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Bump I need help guys!  :)

Shauna71904
by Group Admin on Sep. 9, 2010 at 7:38 AM

oh that would be awesome!!! do we need to include any info to show that it is indeed healthy?

savannahsmom242
by Group Owner on Sep. 9, 2010 at 10:50 AM

I don't think so, we've already started this so start posting some recipes :D. 

Quoting Shauna71904:

oh that would be awesome!!! do we need to include any info to show that it is indeed healthy?

Shauna71904
by Group Admin on Sep. 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM

im posting now but heres my question... how will they know the difference between OUR atkins healthy and low cal low fat healthy...?  

savannahsmom242
by Group Owner on Sep. 9, 2010 at 4:55 PM

I don't really know. I don't think they are really doing anything with the recipes.  I think it's just a contest to bump up posts/replies. 

Then the cookbook parties will probably just be a general healthy recipe book.  

Quoting Shauna71904:

im posting now but heres my question... how will they know the difference between OUR atkins healthy and low cal low fat healthy...?  

savannahsmom242
by Group Owner on Sep. 17, 2010 at 11:16 AM

We are in 3rd place!!!!!  Awesome.  Now lets kick it up a notch and win!!  Everyone help post.  Replies count too as long as they are about the recipe!  Lets go Atkins and low carb group!!!

savannahsmom242
by Group Owner on Sep. 20, 2010 at 12:03 PM

The contest is over, we ended up in 3rd place!  Not too shabby ladies!

Now I don't know what to do with this forum  :). 

koolkidsmom
by on Sep. 20, 2010 at 1:46 PM

you rockCongrats to all our group.  There are some awesome recipes and it would be terrible to delete it maybe you can just say something like (contest over we were 3rd).  I know we already have a recipe forum but it's getting really big and bulky with all the replies.  I searched and searched the other day for a Spinach Quiche which I was sure I had seen but never found it.  some people never seem to look at the recipe forum and talk about how boring the diet it.  Let's just leave it (if you agree) and have it right up front and maybe they wont miss it. 

Thanks again for all the hard work you do to keep this group up and running.  I really appreciate it.

Joyce

savannahsmom242
by Group Owner on Sep. 20, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Yeah I'm definitely not going to delete it.  It's not very organized though.

And thank you!!! 

Quoting koolkidsmom:

you rockCongrats to all our group.  There are some awesome recipes and it would be terrible to delete it maybe you can just say something like (contest over we were 3rd).  I know we already have a recipe forum but it's getting really big and bulky with all the replies.  I searched and searched the other day for a Spinach Quiche which I was sure I had seen but never found it.  some people never seem to look at the recipe forum and talk about how boring the diet it.  Let's just leave it (if you agree) and have it right up front and maybe they wont miss it. 

Thanks again for all the hard work you do to keep this group up and running.  I really appreciate it.

Joyce

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)