Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello,

were you a victim of an work at home or online scam ? If so, please report your  scam here ! Together we can STOP all scams !! If you would rather not go to this site, then report the scam by reply here.

Thank you,

Shauna

http://reportscamshere.ning.com/

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
cindy7359
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:22 AM
3 moms liked this
I love Mary Kay. Mary Kay only works if you work it. People are quick to say Mary Kay is a scam, the truth is they are to lazy to work their business. Mary Kay has been number one for years and if it was a scam they wouldn't still be number one. Mary Kay products actually sale itself, once you put the products on it works. It so sad that because we as people dare to dream big and actually work, we take the easy way out and just say it's a scam. There are over millions of successful people in Mary Kay, the different in them and the people that say it's a scam is the actually work their business. God doesn't love them anymore than he loves you. Faith without work is dead. When your purpose and your passion out weigh your excuses...you Will find a way!!!! Works Wins Where Wishing Won"!!!
d-nyce
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 4:05 PM

i know someone that does Melaleuca. Does not make but 50.00 per month... waste of time...Tried to recruit me but it was no $$ in that. I was looking for something that could be profitable for a long time and makes sense to work. Did not want to sell anything people do not need. I LOVE Prep-Paid Legal..That is a service people actually need and can use. It has helped me tremendously. $$ is good too!!! My husband got all into it too. Now he started marketing to people he knows.

anyahs
by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM
5 moms liked this

I will also say that Melaleuca is not a scam.  I hate that people say that about it.  It is like the other posters said, a company that you have to put energy into.  You can't expect to just have money fall into your lap!  I have a great family friend that has been with the company for about 9 years and makes an average of $9,000 a month from it.  I have seen the checks with my own eyes!!  Another woman who is my mom's friend makes about $2,000 a month....

Don't be so quick to call something a scam because it didn't work out for you.

missbafrog
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 1:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I have been with Melaleuca for a while now and it is working for me - definitely not a scam. Some things work for others and some don't - it's all about finding one that works for you.

Feltzfelt
by Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow! I understand how you all feel about the way direct sales companies (and other more blatant rip-offs) can make you feel.

However, businesses are built around making money. It's everywhere we go. Doctors, lawyers, real estate,dentists, grocery store, car repair, restaurants--there is no escape! If you go into something and see it as it is, then you can avoid getting ripped off too much.

The companies I chose to join, after reviewing MANY, I feel have reasonable prices and treat me and others fairly.

I am with Watkins as they have been in business since 1868!  Wow! They have all the popular categories of products which makes them like 4 businesses in one. They have high quality cooking ingredients like herbs, spices and extracts. They have home cleaning items which are botanical and safe for the environment yet charge normal prices, not over inflated. They have health remedies like liniment, cough syrup and supplements and they have beauty items like shampoo, lotions and lip balms. I've checked into other companies that price their items like they are gold in order to make a profit but Watkins charges what I feel are normal prices. AND I buy them for personal use because I truly like them over similar products. Not to mention, their combo of retro labels and modern labels look really cool!

I also sell Lindt chocolate because, well, I love quality chocolate and so does most of the population so there is no serious arm twisting to get buyers. Plus most people are already familiar with Lindt and the taste of their chocolate from seeing it in stores and the famous Lindor truffles commercial.

In these companies, they DO want you to recruit others but they aren't pushy about it or use underhanded schemes or wording. It is what it is. You can chose to do so if you want to make it your sole income. If you do recruit others, you don't feel like you "tricked" them because you know the products are excellent and the company support is superior.

They ARE making money off of you, yes, but that is business as all businesses do. But not so much that you feel cheated or that you are not getting real value for the money you put forth.

So, in the world of making money from home, profits must be made by companies to be in business, but as long as they deliver true value to you and your customers, they are a blessing in my opinion!

My sites are wcareer.info if you want to know about Watkins opportunity

watkinsonline.com if you want to order products My associate number is 394734

And deliciousbliss.net if you want to look into Lindt chocolate.

librariangurl86
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Quoting AJmama4:

Project Payday

HUGE SCAM

AJmama4
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Well Im not a scammer, but I did fall a victum to this scam!!! I agree!! People can really make you think something is legit...only to steal from you!!

Quoting librariangurl86:

Quoting AJmama4:

Project Payday

HUGE SCAM

librariangurl86
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Quoting AJmama4:

Well Im not a scammer, but I did fall a victum to this scam!!! I agree!! People can really make you think something is legit...only to steal from you!!

Quoting librariangurl86:

Quoting AJmama4:

Project Payday

HUGE SCAM

i was agreeing with you. people on here keep trying to get me to sign up for it but  i looked into and it really is just a scam.

WifeOf486
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Melaleuca is ABSOLUTELY not a scam. I've been with the company since August and have earned over $3400 very part time. (I haven't gotten my January check yet.) It is also NOT an MLM or Pyramid. Those that call it such do not understand the compensation plan. I wrote a book entitled "Magnetic Marketing: How to Attract Clients & Dollars" and have studied many business models. Melaleuca is the best one out there. The peope that treat it as a sales business are the ones that fail. It is an extremely simple plan. It is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau, and has also won the coveted Torch Award. The company is completely debt-free. Furthermore, the CEO of the company sits on the US Chamber of Commerce.

I have also done MoveVie (definitely a scam, and there is currently a lawsuit out of Arkansas against them that will most likely force the company to close), Pampered Chef, PartyLite, Avon, Aloette and Mary Kay. I never succeeded with the at-home businesses where I had to do parties because I didn't like selling things or doing parties.

Please, if you aren't familiar with the compensation plan or business model of any company, don't call it a scam. If you would like me to explain to you how the business model of Melaleuca works, just let me know and I would be happy to explain it to you. (You can also read my blog.)

Candice

MsBonnyL
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Quoting Missikat75:

I think what makes people believe that Melaleuca IS a scam is that you have to RECRUIT a LOT of people below you ie; Pyramid Scheme...in order to make a decent profit.
So is it an outright Scam per say, technically "No" but is it a way that an average person (who doesn't have the time or energy to go around recruiting everyone that they meet) can make REAL money, also NO.
And I am speaking from personal experience on this.

Melaleuca is definitely not a scam, nor is it a pyramid scheme.  They've been in business for over 25 years and as Wifeof486 mentioned have an A+ rating with the BBB.  Most of their products are backed by scientific research and offer a 100% money back guarantee.  With Melaleuca you are not "recuiting" people - you are simply setting up customer accounts so they can shop directly from the company.  It's all done by word of mouth.

Quoting d-nyce:

i know someone that does Melaleuca. Does not make but 50.00 per month... waste of time...Tried to recruit me but it was no $$ in that. I was looking for something that could be profitable for a long time and makes sense to work. Did not want to sell anything people do not need. I LOVE Prep-Paid Legal..That is a service people actually need and can use. It has helped me tremendously. $$ is good too!!! My husband got all into it too. Now he started marketing to people he knows.

As with any business, the more you put into it, the more you make.  You can't expect to make money not doing anything to promote your business.  It takes time to grow your business ... Melaleuca is profitable in the long term - it's definitely not a get rich quick business.

How many of you have tried a Girl Scout cookie?  How did you get those cookies?? There are no ads for Girl Scout cookies.  The word of mouth advertising is how we all know and love these cookies.  That's how Melaleuca works.

You can check out my blog which will explain how the business works as well as learn more about the products.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)