Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello,

were you a victim of an work at home or online scam ? If so, please report your  scam here ! Together we can STOP all scams !! If you would rather not go to this site, then report the scam by reply here.

Thank you,

Shauna

http://reportscamshere.ning.com/

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
WifeOf486
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Wow. Good analogy, Bonny. I've never thought of it that way.

Quoting MsBonnyL:

How many of you have tried a Girl Scout cookie?  How did you get those cookies?? There are no ads for Girl Scout cookies.  The word of mouth advertising is how we all know and love these cookies.  That's how Melaleuca works.

You can check out my blog which will explain how the business works as well as learn more about the products.

Are you interested in working from home? Message me for details. You can send an email to CandyCain@wedeliverwellness.com... Start immediately!
VeggieMom609
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I have been a customer of Melaleuca's for many years and will forever be.  Why?  Because I get the products that I need for myself and my home that are not going to harm our health or environment.

I am starting to work the business and just like any other business, you have to work at it.  Every business offers a product or service, if they don't, then they are asking for donations.  If u had $100,000 to start a business, don't you have to offer something, don't you have to contact people in order to make your business grow?

But if the business part doesn't work for you because you don't want it to, why give up on the amazing products?

I see it like this:  You know how diets are a lifestyle change, having safe products is a lifestyle change.  Why would I want to use a detergent with no toxins then rinse it with a toxin like clorox.  Why have a salad then eat a donut afterwards.  These are the people that don't get it.  They want to try 1 product instead of looking at the whole picture of converting your home to a healthier one.

Whether I'm working or not, I still want to smell good and have a clean home so I will always need these items and I choose to get the best from Melaleuca.

VeggieMom609
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Oh Yea, and if you want to partner up with me or convert your home, please send me a message.

Success doesn't come to you, you go get it.

Carly67
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Melaleuca is not a scam, not a MLM, not a pyramid scheme!!!  I am so sick of people saying these things and do you want to know why they are:

First of all several years ago there was a phone card scam that was called "Melaleuca Scam" so that when prospective customers would search Melaleuca and Scam to do their due diligence that would come up and sour them.  

Next, this is not a get rich quick scam.  You can do very well, very quickly with Melaleuca if you are the right person.  I do not think everyone will excel at this business.  You have to have good marketing and sales qualities even though you are not selling anything, you have to be outgoing, you have to be a people person, you have to put your hours in if you want to be successful.  You truly get what you put in.  I love Melaleuca and I love working on my team.  I am very picky when I am choosing someone to work on my team.  I do not want to invest my time training anyone who is not going to cut it.  I will tell them right off they are not cut out for this and that is why we have one of the most successful teams out there.  It is the people who have no drive, no experience, who flat out die at rejection, that fail in this business.  It is not for everyone but if you are one of the very small percent that can work this business you will go very far and do very well especially if you enroll as a pacesetter and go full steam ahead.  I am always looking for dynamic women to be on our high performance team and if you would like to interview and see if you have what it takes feel free to contact me.  

I really hope that people realize the products that Melaleuca makes and how well they work.  I believe in the products, the company and my team.  If I did not work Melaleuca as a business I would still be a customer.  If you want the best for your family you really cannot afford not to be a Melaleuca customer.  Not everyone is cut out for the business just like not everyone can be a CEO.  For those that have what it takes this business can get you residual income for life that is willable to your children.  Melaleuca is a company that can help people realize the American Dream if they are willing to put the time in and have the mindset and skills it takes to be a leader in this business.  

The unfortunate thing is that those who fail with Melaleuca will tell others, "Oh you can't make money there, I tried for x amount of months and ..." They are trying to blame their failure on the company when their failure lies with them.  Any business leader will tell you that it is those who can't make it that taint things for anyone else they see trying because they don't want to see they are the ones who failed.  They would rather believe the business model or the company are flawed.  Those with true business knowledge will see right through them and become the leaders they could not.

Always do you due diligence when researching any business opportunity.  I am a researcher through and through and did not just decide to go into Melaleuca on a whim.  I took weeks with my research and did more than my due diligence and I could not be happier with my decision.  

Good luck to you all and remember do your research and make your own decisions and do not be misled by those who could not cut it.  

Want to learn more about how the toxins in your home could be causing you and your children harm and leading to increased incidents of Autism, ADHD, Asthma, Allergies, Infertility and more?

http://www.ahealthcafe.com/moms4thewin

Want help from Moms helping other Moms find a legitimate At Home Job with unlimited growth?

http://www.wahmjobfinder.com/moms4thewin

Ahealthyfamily
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I wanted to bring out because you recruit and train a team does not mean it is a scam neccessarily. You should always check a business out with the BBB. I am with Ameriplan and it has an A+ rating with the BBB. We do build a team but we also sign people up for affordable healthcare memberships. You said something about people who do not have the time and energy to do this, well, if you work a job at all you work hard and spend your energy. Why not work harder for yourself? It has paid off for me and my entire company.

Quoting Missikat75:

I think what makes people believe that Melaleuca IS a scam is that you have to RECRUIT a LOT of people below you ie; Pyramid Scheme...in order to make a decent profit.
So is it an outright Scam per say, technically "No" but is it a way that an average person (who doesn't have the time or energy to go around recruiting everyone that they meet) can make REAL money, also NO.
And I am speaking from personal experience on this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Missikat75
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I was speaking for those who don't have the time to go around recruiting friends...I also stated that's not for me personally.
Also read further here:

http://www.falseprofits.com/MLM%20Lies.html

Quoting Ahealthyfamily:

I wanted to bring out because you recruit and train a team does not mean it is a scam neccessarily. You should always check a business out with the BBB. I am with Ameriplan and it has an A+ rating with the BBB. We do build a team but we also sign people up for affordable healthcare memberships. You said something about people who do not have the time and energy to do this, well, if you work a job at all you work hard and spend your energy. Why not work harder for yourself? It has paid off for me and my entire company.

Quoting Missikat75:

I think what makes people believe that Melaleuca IS a scam is that you have to RECRUIT a LOT of people below you ie; Pyramid Scheme...in order to make a decent profit.
So is it an outright Scam per say, technically "No" but is it a way that an average person (who doesn't have the time or energy to go around recruiting everyone that they meet) can make REAL money, also NO.

Missikat75
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM

The vast majority of the losers in MLM drop out within a year. In a 1999 court case brought against Melaleuca, one of the country's largest MLMs, the company claimed it has the highest "retention" rate among distributors in the entire MLM industry. Melaleuca boasted a drop-out rate is 5.5% per month. This equates to about 60% per year, if the dropouts are replaced each month.

Read more about this and other MLM here:

http://www.falseprofits.com/MLMLies

Quoting MsBonnyL:

Quoting Missikat75:

Melaleuca is definitely not a scam, nor is it a pyramid scheme.  They've been in business for over 25 years and as Wifeof486 mentioned have an A+ rating with the BBB.  Most of their products are backed by scientific research and offer a 100% money back guarantee.  With Melaleuca you are not "recuiting" people - you are simply setting up customer accounts so they can shop directly from the company.  It's all done by word of mouth.

Quoting d-nyce:

i know someone that does Melaleuca. Does not make but 50.00 per month... waste of time...Tried to recruit me but it was no $$ in that. I was looking for something that could be profitable for a long time and makes sense to work. Did not want to sell anything people do not need. I LOVE Prep-Paid Legal..That is a service people actually need and can use. It has helped me tremendously. $$ is good too!!! My husband got all into it too. Now he started marketing to people he knows.

As with any business, the more you put into it, the more you make.  You can't expect to make money not doing anything to promote your business.  It takes time to grow your business ... Melaleuca is profitable in the long term - it's definitely not a get rich quick business.

How many of you have tried a Girl Scout cookie?  How did you get those cookies?? There are no ads for Girl Scout cookies.  The word of mouth advertising is how we all know and love these cookies.  That's how Melaleuca works.

You can check out my blog which will explain how the business works as well as learn more about the products.

GailTravel
by on May. 19, 2012 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Its a shame that I see a lot of reputable companies listed here as scams that are NOT!  Melaleuca, Mary Kay, Herbalife, Scentsy, Avon  etc.  Because it didn't work for you does NOT mean its a scam!!!  MLM are not Pyramid Scheme. Not anymore than your job, or any Corporate company.....  You know... the CEO on top then Sr. Vice Presidents then Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers, Supervisors and you the little guy.  Do you make as much as the CEO?  
If you treat your business like a business instead of a hobby then you WILL make money.  

For me I own a Home Based Travel Agency.  I am proud to say that while there were those who attempted to sue and accuse us as a Pyramid Scheme and scam they lost in court.  We are tried and true. MI have never missed a commission checks. The times I worked hard i made more money.  We have a MLM component, that is optional. I can say one thing., My commission checks are NOT scams and they cash very beautifully in the bank.  

Want info on becoming a Home Based Travel Agent.  Message me or call/text me 646-450-6255

MsDarci
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM

**START SUPPLEMENTING YOUR INCOME TODAY**

Seeking to interview 17 self-motivated or self-starter professionals to be: Referral/Marketing Executives (work at home) positions by 06.19.2012 (Send one paragraph letter of interest or resume)

26 year Company rated A++++ by BBB. (Set your own hours) *No selling *No experience necessary *No Risk *No Inventory required   **Not a MLM *Not a pyramid

Are you open to earning a substantial income alongside what you are currently doing? It's FUN and excitingJ  (with a little work) 

FREE Training provided (hands on and one-on-one support).

Paid Weekly and the 15th of every month (Guaranteed reliable income)

"Earn unlimited amount of money"

I started with this company on June 16, 2011 for $1.00, (Part Time) $29.00

All eleven (11) of my checks keep growing:

1st check   =       $504.11  (July Check)

2nd check =        $917.23  (August Check)

3rd check  =    $1,701.47   (September Check)

4th check  =    $2,456.78   (October Check)

5th check  =    $2,812.44   (November Check)

6th check  =    $3,247.12   (December Check)
7th check  =    $3,474.24   (January) Check)
8th check   =   $3,581.48   (February Check)
9th check   =   $3,593.40   (March Check)
10th check =   $3,605.27   (April Check)

11th check =   $3,897.42   (May Check)

For more details on the opportunity and to get started, please inbox, email for a phone interview . . . . . . .

(ActionAlertNews@yahoo.com) call 708.343.8799 or 708.251.0111!

Thesavingsgirl
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:23 PM

The Greatest Vitamin in the world was a huge scam. I invested alot of money and lost it. I also tried Ameriplan. I wouldn't say it is a scam bc there are plenty of successful people but my team leader who worked hard every single day for over 2 years only had 10 people on her team and said she was guranteeing me that half the people we signed up would not stay with the company because (In her words) "They did not believe in themselves". Technically they did not have the money to keep paying into the company. That's why I am glad after 10 years I finally found something legit and completely free. PM me if you are looking for a real company to work with. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)