Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well baby visit when not well...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:40 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 229 Total Views

Last week my one year old was supposed to go in for his well-baby visit. He was due for his one year vaccination series and needed to be weighed and measured.

But he was also sick with a fever and a runny nose. But since he'd been diagnosed with failure to thrive, I felt it was important to take him in for weigh-in and measuring. And I was insistant that the vaccination be held off until he was better.

Thankfully we seem to have a nurse who is 'with it' (the well baby clinics here in Israel are notorious for being staffed by dragons who give you grief over every little thing) and she herself said we wouldn't vaccinate that day.

She also gave me a referal to have him taken to a dietician but I think he'll need a speech therapist instead for his eating issues. He gags at everything (and speech therapists treat kids with these kinds of eating issues). On Thursday I take him for a physical therapy evaluation (he's got motor skill delays) so I may talk to them about also getting the speech eval while I'm there.

Devo

Photobucket

Beautiful head scarves from Israel! http://myworld.ebay.com/headscarfseller

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)