Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep Schedule

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 118 Total Views

DS was born at 27 weeks. I've worried lately that he's not sleeping enough 'cause he still wakes up in the night 2-3 times to eat and only takes 2 short (an hour each) naps a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. Around a week ago he started sleeping almost every night from around 11 to about 6-7 a.m. which I LOVE, but along with sleeping more at night, he's now taking longer naps in the morning and evening and an extra nap in the middle of the day. He's 4 1/2 months corrected age. Is he sleeping TOO much now or is he finally at the right amount of sleep? Just wanna make sure if I should be keeping him up through one of the naptimes or not. Thanks!!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ZZsMom
by Member on Jan. 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Sounds like he's probably in the midst of a growth spurt. Every time I think my son is sleeping a lot, he seems to get bigger overnight! I think babies know how much they need to sleep better than we do. My son's schedule has been up and down. He'll go a couple of weeks sleeping 7-8 hours at night and then, out of nowhere, he'll be back to 3-4 hour stints. Part of me wants to let him cry it out but he'll eat 6oz every time he wakes up so I assume that he really is hungry. I think he's still trying to catch up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)