Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 292 Total Views
so my ds was 10 weeks preemi and I was just wondering he is home now but he seems to not be able to sleep if he isn't on my chest when I lay him down he starts screming and rifht when I pick him up he goes.to sleep again so is it because my heartbeat was the first thing he really knew in nicu and that is what makes him feel safe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AmesCSki
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM
That is what I'd guess...DD was 6 weeks early and when we finally brought her home after 3 weeks in the NICU it was awhile before she could go to sleep on her own and in a place other than on or next to me...kangaroo care is awesome, especially at this stage so let the baby sleep on your chest it won't last forever and he will grow out of it...keep him as happy and comfortable as possicle at this point. Preemies are different and need a special kind of care!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alericksmommy
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I hope he does ok he gets scared when he can't see.me or anything and he will start crying I feel so bad for him but I love my chub chub
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 3:28 PM
How big is he? My son was only 6 pounds when we brought him home and he would get soooo cold at night. I had him in a hat mittens and a blanket under his sleep sack. Once I had him in enough layers he slept. Also remember it was noisy in the nicu so he may need white noise too... Or he may just want his momma ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alericksmommy
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM
he's 9.5 lbs now he was 3 and 1
.5 in nicu he just seems like he's afraid to sleep without being held and being a single mom its hard to do anything grocery shop laundry ect
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZZsMom
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM

My son was the SAME WAY. I swear he was trying to kill me with sleep deprivation. He did eventually get over it but it was months. I'll tell you though, now that he's older, I really miss those days. It's constant movement now. I wish he'd just quietly sleep on my chest...well, not at his current weight because that would just be uncomfortable but you know what I mean!

zannahdeux
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM

my 32 weeker is 10 months now and still prefers to sleep ON someone lol! Try dressing them a bit warmer. I know my son woudn't sleep on his own because he needed the body warmth. Once I dressed him better he slept on his own. I had him in a hat in mittens the first 2 weeks he was home. Try that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN