Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nicu moms how long were u in?

Posted by   + Show Post

boy or girl

steriods?

how many weeks were you at delivery

and how many days were you in the nicu?

i had a boy at 29 weeks and we have been here 15 days so far

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Replies (111-118):
LoriAnn87
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM

My oldest son was born at 34 weeks and I had steriods shots at 33 weeks. I was in the high risk ward for about a week before having my son and after having my son I was put into a private room for another after havign him because I was still having problems with Preeclampias. My was was in the NICU for about a week and half before coming home but he was only in there to gain weight. And my youngest was born at 36.5 weeks no steriods or NICU and I was in the hospital for 4 days before we went home. Both of my boys were born by c secion and born early because of preeclampias.

Hopeful_2_be
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Girl
2 shots of steroids
Born weighing 1 lb 5 oz
She's 3 weeks 3 days now and weighs 2 lbs 4 oz.
She's still in the nicu but was moved in to a different room for less critical babies! Docs say she will hopefully be out the week before Christmas as long as she keeps doing this well. :)
preemiemom45
by Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM

My daughter was born at 27 weeks and was small for that age (severe preeclampsia).  I received steroids twice in the 48 hours before my c-section.  She weight 1.5lbs at birth.  We were in the NICU for 86 long days and came home the day before her due date.  She is now 8 months old today (5 months corrected) and weighs about 12.5 pounds.  She is still low on the growth chart, between the 5th adn 10th percentiles, but she is happy and relatively healthy considering the circumstances.

To all other NICU moms out there - hang in there! Some day you will have your baby home and unattached from all that equipment.  Just keep visualizing the positive!

amanda198922
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:50 AM
My son was born at. 32 weeks. Both steriod. Shots he weighed 4 pounds 11 ounces was in the nicu for 22 days he just turned 6 months old and w weighs 17 pounds 10 ounces and is very healthy only thing wrong is he is possibly deaf
preemiemom45
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Any news? Does it look like she'll be home before Christmas?

Quoting Hopeful_2_be: Girl

2 shots of steroids

Born weighing 1 lb 5 oz

She's 3 weeks 3 days now and weighs 2 lbs 4 oz.

She's still in the nicu but was moved in to a different room for less critical babies! Docs say she will hopefully be out the week before Christmas as long as she keeps doing this well. :)
buttercup24
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Oldest son born at 27 weeks 2 lb. 12 oz. Yes steroids. Was in nicu for 2 1/2 months came home weighing 9 lbs. And was on oxygen for three months. He had respiratory problems for early years but now a healthy and smart 9 yr. old he does wear glasses.

Youngest son was born at 24 weeks weighing 1 lb. 10 oz. Yes steroids. Was in nicu for 3 months. Had heart surgery at 1 month old. Weighed 4 lbs. when came home on oxygen for a year do to his heart. Healthy 4 yr. old now still have to see cardiologist once a year. But a healthy active smart boy a little on the small side. I am so blessed for having my two beautiful boys.
halloweenluver3
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I had a little boy at 29 weeks that weighed 1 pound and 9 ounces.  I was lucky to have both sets of steriod shots before he came.  Our stay in the NICU was 81 days.  He is a happy healthy little 18 month old.  Just a little on the smaill side.

mama232011
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is 15 months now a 29 weeker tll

Quoting halloweenluver3:

I had a little boy at 29 weeks that weighed 1 pound and 9 ounces.  I was lucky to have both sets of steriod shots before he came.  Our stay in the NICU was 81 days.  He is a happy healthy little 18 month old.  Just a little on the smaill side.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)