Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nicu moms how long were u in?

Posted by   + Show Post

boy or girl

steriods?

how many weeks were you at delivery

and how many days were you in the nicu?

i had a boy at 29 weeks and we have been here 15 days so far

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
Cntrygrl86
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I had my daughter on Thursday at 29w1d. She was 2lbs 11oz. I received two rounds of steriod shots and they seemed to help tremendously. She is 4 days old and only on 15% CPAP.:) We are on day 4 in the NICU and are extimated to go home somewhere around Thanksgiving.

mama232011
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:20 AM

good luck mama you are in the same boat as me only im 2 weeks ahead of you

Quoting Cntrygrl86:

I had my daughter on Thursday at 29w1d. She was 2lbs 11oz. I received two rounds of steriod shots and they seemed to help tremendously. She is 4 days old and only on 15% CPAP.:) We are on day 4 in the NICU and are extimated to go home somewhere around Thanksgiving.

Vbbrit07
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I had Sophia on Thursday at 34 wk 6 days. So we are on day 5 there and if she keeps improving may come home this weekend

navyjen
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

My dd was born at 31 weeks 6 days,

I got steroids 48 hours before she was born.   I was in a car accident that put me into labor.  She spent 22 days in the NICU and came home at exactly 35 weeks gestation.  She was on cpap for 5 days then o2 at 30% for about a week after that. She was 4 lbs 5 oz at bityh got down to 3 lbs 13 oz and at 3 months old she is almost 10 lbs.  

mommy2484
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I had a babygirl at 31 weeks and yes i had steriod shot and she weighed 3lbs 2oz at birth and was in NICU for 2 months

Anastasia1414
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:46 AM
28 wks, 2lbs, DD and the steroids were too late. She was in hosp for 10 wks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanchita
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM
We had a boy. Yes we had the steroid shots. I was in the hospital for a week on bed rest before I had him so I had at least 2 doses of them. I had him 10 weeks early. He stayed in the NICU for six weeks and I had to fight to get him out then.
jcblinkgirl
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I had my daughter at 28 weeks 6 years ago. She was 2 lbs 7 oz, and stayed in NICU for 111 long days, was barely over 4 lbs when she came home. At the time my doc didn't really tell me why she came so early.. when I was pregnant with my second, I asked one of his nurses if she could tell me what was in my file. She looked back and said that my placenta was infected and that was the reason.. Six years later and you can't tell that she ever had any problems as a baby :)  She has surgery scars and  a g-tube site scar that she's gonna hate when she's a teenager lol but aside from being a little smaller then the other 6 year olds she's doing great now.   Good luck with your little one and hang in there :)

jcblinkgirl
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Oh and  no steroids

dsebastian23
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM

He was born at 36 weeks had lung failure spent 16 days in nicu, 4 of those days on respirator.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)